Benchmade Griptilian?

This is a discussion on Benchmade Griptilian? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking of getting one for EDC? Anyone carry or own one? What do you think of it? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Benchmade Griptilian?

Benchmade Griptilian?

I am thinking of getting one for EDC? Anyone carry or own one? What do you think of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gottabkiddin and glockcoma like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

2. Remove Ads

I don't have that specific model, but I do have a benchmade with 154CM steel. It is one of the best knifes I have ever owned, lifetime warranty, and cabelas will sharpen them for free for life. If you don't get one with 154CM steel try to get one with S30V. These two steels hold the edge for a long time and are corrosion resistant. I don't really think you can go wrong with benchmade, other then the cost of course. I EDC mine and it is much lighter then some Gerber and SOG's I have owned. Sounds like a good Christmas gift to treat yourself to.

I have one, that sometimes plays an EDC role (it is usually either my Grip, or waved Spyderco Endura). It is a solid, well build knife, you won't regret it if you buy one.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I have one and I love it. Sharpest knife I've ever owned. Benchmade will sharpen it for free if you mail it to them.
    If you died today and stood in front of God and He asked you " Why should I let you into My Heaven?" what would you say?

I have been carrying a Griptilian for several years. It is a great knife for the money. Look for one with the hole in the blade for opening. Put a little blue lock tite on the screw threads for the clip. I keep mine shaving sharp with the Spyderco Sharpmaker.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    Gave one for Christmas years ago. I really liked it when I had it in my hands, and you really can't go wrong with an AXIS lock. Benchmades make very good knives and I have owned and carried many of them. Go for it!
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member
    I've got one. It's in my evacuation bag and also goes with me when the gun won't work.

Sponsor
    Best bang for the buck in folders, bar none.

Light weight, sturdy, fast to deploy, rock solid lock up and it lives up to its moniker.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

VIP Member
    I EDC a Mini Grip and I couldn't be any happier. They are lightweight and hold a great edge. I personally prefer the Mini because most of my cutting needs are easily accomplished with the smaller knife, so I opted for less weight and bulk. The regular Griptillian would be a great EDC if you have need for a little larger blade. I think either one is a great EDC.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member
    Bench made griptillian.jpg

I own two Benchmade Griptillions I lost my everyday carry in the snow last year skinning out a sheep. I went and ordered another to replace it and we had a thaw that allowed the snow to melt and I found the original. You can see this is a working knife that has seen it all and still performs as if new out of the box.

I carry a Mini Griptilian with the sheepsfoot blade. LOVE this knife. Came shaving sharp, and easily takes an edge when I sharpen it.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

RKM
    A Benchmade Griptilian or Spyderco Delica or Endura are my most recommended carry knives.

my EDC knife is a Mini-Griptilian, #557, with the tanto blade, because i often find myself scraping price tags off books and CD's. i love the size (i need to keep blade length under 3" to remain legal), and the Axis lock. the lock works VERY well. only complaint is that i often scratch the clip. i've replaced the clip once already, just because i don't like carrying the knife around with such a bettered looking clip. of course, this would happen with any knife. i have a second 557 which has the expensive Wilkins grips installed. these grips greatly improve the appearance of the knife, but do nothing to improve the function. IMO, a great bargain in a knife: good design, great lock, fine blade steel, and not too much money.

Benchmade Griptilian?

I have a mini as the longest blade I can carry everywhere is 3". A very handy EDC knife. I have the hole model with the 1/2 serration blade to facilitate all around usability. Highly recommended. If I was to replace it , I would do so with another; it's that good

Go Seahawks!
    Rockymonster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    I have a mini as the longest blade I can carry everywhere is 3". A very hand EDC knife. I have the hole model with the 1/2 serration blade to facilitate all around usability. Highly recommended. If I was to replace it , I would do so with another; it's that good

This^^^^

Go Seahawks!
    And this^
    "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Lewis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links