CQC-7 lost in AO TOPEKA, need suggestions for replcement

This is a discussion on CQC-7 lost in AO TOPEKA, need suggestions for replcement within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all. New here. Long story short, some nice foreign national in the AO Topeka area of sunny iraq is enjoying my Ernie Emerson rebuilt ...

Thread: CQC-7 lost in AO TOPEKA, need suggestions for replcement

Question CQC-7 lost in AO TOPEKA, need suggestions for replcement

Hey all. New here. Long story short, some nice foreign national in the AO Topeka area of sunny iraq is enjoying my Ernie Emerson rebuilt CQC-7. (second blade on a '98 frame)

Yes, I know it should have been dummy corded, but it wasn't. ;) I think I lost it "falling" over a wall which I should have realized was too high to jump from during a misunderstanding we had with some "friends" we wanted to talk to.....

Can I get some suggestions for a replacement in the same class. Maybe just get me another? I haven't been knife shopping since '99.

sf
    brennan_0311

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Since you've had the knife for so long and you even state you've had a second blade on it, you seem to really like the knife, so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't get another just like it.

...with a lanyard.

I get new knives every once in a while, but I keep coming back to my MOD Mark II. I think that should tell me something.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

a cqc-10 is what I carry. I can't recomend it enough.

also the spyderco with the wave is a sweet knife, but not in the same class as the emerson.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about ur loss. I managed to maintain through most of my 20+ years, but I am preparing to get a new one. I'm torn and might just have to buy two or three, LOL. The top of my list is three knives which I'll list and you can just peak.

1. Boker/Wagner Knife. Jim Wagner is a hooah dude and this knife is truly designed for one thing. Fighting. It is totally designed for utility work but ultimatly for a knife fight. Having heard his reasoning for each and every item on this knife it to me is an awsome back up and is high on my list.
    2. Emerson Sark with WAVE. This is also an awsome blade and will do great.
    3. Emerson Commander WAVE. Its an Emerson and that by its self is enough. Ernest dosent make junk, never has and ever will. Its why it was the most prevelant folder I spoted on any team member.

Ok back to my cage.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

my CQC 7 is ALWAYS on me.....one of the best knives ever made. While they can be a bit tempermental at times (clipscrews and blade screw loosening with time) they are easyto fix...and Emerson customer service is top notch. I've heardpeoplebashtheCQC line for this reason, but IMHO doing a function check and maintenance on your knife should be done as often as with a pistol.....
    Stay Safe...and always check your six!

Emerson are great. I have CQC 13 and love it. The tip has been durable and 1/2 serration is nice to plow through a cut. There are alot of good knives out there.

If you're in that upper end caliber- I'd focus on Emerson & Benchmade.

I think a visit to Smokey Mountain Knife Works is in order. If you have never been to the store plan a 1/2 a day, and have a lot of room on the CC.
    Last edited by NCHornet; January 2nd, 2007 at 07:49 AM.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Links