Wilson RRX Folding Knife - anyone have it? Like to hear your thoughts

This is a discussion on Wilson RRX Folding Knife - anyone have it? Like to hear your thoughts within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Rapid Response XL | ELMAX | Stonewash | Cocobolo-Wilson Combat Anyone have this knife? The 289-ish price is a lot of coin for a knife, ...

Thread: Wilson RRX Folding Knife - anyone have it? Like to hear your thoughts

VIP Member

Wilson RRX Folding Knife - anyone have it? Like to hear your thoughts

Rapid Response XL | ELMAX | Stonewash | Cocobolo-Wilson Combat

Anyone have this knife? The 289-ish price is a lot of coin for a knife, wonder if its 3X better than, say, a Benchmade Griptillian... Sure is 3X prettier.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

2. Remove Ads

I don't have one, nor have I ever handled one. But, I am not a fan of liner locks for serious use, so I would stick with my Griptilian or waved Endura. If I was looking to spend a bit more on a folder, I have had my eye on the Benchmade Rift.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Very nice looking knife, looks kind of like a ZT. Have you looked at the ZT Rick Hinderer models ?, they are really sweet for production knives. BTW I think a well done liner lock is fine, I have a few Spyderco's with liner locks and never worry about them. Frame locks or back locks do look more stout however.

Even if a liner lock never fails, as sharp as I keep my knifes they still present a danger. I don't want my hand in the path of a very sharp, moving blade. I have never been cut closing a liner lock knife, but I have seen several people cut their self closing knifes I sharpened for them.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

That knife is a framelock, not a liner lock.

That being said, for that price, I would look at the Zero Tolerance 0560. Same blade steel, frame lock and the KVT ball bearing opening.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Like the looks and the specs., I like ZT and Kershaw top end but my belief is that if you find a knife you like and you want it and if you will use it than price should not be the buying factor unless you can't afford it. When I bought my Randal way back when people said I paid to much but there are people that have offered me 5X what I paid for it.

Pretty slick looking blade ........never held one .I own a Wilson Cop Tool and it is good quality.
    The easy way is always mined.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    nice knife. Elmax is really good super-steel. Ti scales with cocobolo inlays are lovely. You're paying a lot for materials and machine time to craft those scales.

If you want to see some similar alternatives, look at the Spyderco Delica4 Ti/Damascus (VG10) and the Spyderco Chaparral 2 Titanium/CTS-XHP knives.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Links