Wilson RRX Folding Knife - anyone have it? Like to hear your thoughts

This is a discussion on Wilson RRX Folding Knife - anyone have it? Like to hear your thoughts within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Rapid Response XL | ELMAX | Stonewash | Cocobolo-Wilson Combat Anyone have this knife? The 289-ish price is a lot of coin for a knife, ...

Thread: Wilson RRX Folding Knife - anyone have it? Like to hear your thoughts

VIP Member

Rapid Response XL | ELMAX | Stonewash | Cocobolo-Wilson Combat

Anyone have this knife? The 289-ish price is a lot of coin for a knife, wonder if its 3X better than, say, a Benchmade Griptillian... Sure is 3X prettier.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

Senior Moderator
    I don't have one, nor have I ever handled one. But, I am not a fan of liner locks for serious use, so I would stick with my Griptilian or waved Endura. If I was looking to spend a bit more on a folder, I have had my eye on the Benchmade Rift.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Very nice looking knife, looks kind of like a ZT. Have you looked at the ZT Rick Hinderer models ?, they are really sweet for production knives. BTW I think a well done liner lock is fine, I have a few Spyderco's with liner locks and never worry about them. Frame locks or back locks do look more stout however.

Even if a liner lock never fails, as sharp as I keep my knifes they still present a danger. I don't want my hand in the path of a very sharp, moving blade. I have never been cut closing a liner lock knife, but I have seen several people cut their self closing knifes I sharpened for them.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

That knife is a framelock, not a liner lock.

That being said, for that price, I would look at the Zero Tolerance 0560. Same blade steel, frame lock and the KVT ball bearing opening.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Like the looks and the specs., I like ZT and Kershaw top end but my belief is that if you find a knife you like and you want it and if you will use it than price should not be the buying factor unless you can't afford it. When I bought my Randal way back when people said I paid to much but there are people that have offered me 5X what I paid for it.

Pretty slick looking blade ........never held one .I own a Wilson Cop Tool and it is good quality.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    nice knife. Elmax is really good super-steel. Ti scales with cocobolo inlays are lovely. You're paying a lot for materials and machine time to craft those scales.

If you want to see some similar alternatives, look at the Spyderco Delica4 Ti/Damascus (VG10) and the Spyderco Chaparral 2 Titanium/CTS-XHP knives.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Sponsored Links