Spyderco Endura 4 FFG

Spyderco Endura 4 FFG

This is a discussion on Spyderco Endura 4 FFG within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found a decent deal on a Spyderco Endura 4 Full Flat Ground recently, and picked one up. Here are some pics and my thoughts ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 5lima30ret
  • 1 Post By JDE101

Thread: Spyderco Endura 4 FFG

Spyderco Endura 4 FFG

I found a decent deal on a Spyderco Endura 4 Full Flat Ground recently, and picked one up. Here are some pics and my thoughts about the knife.

It is bigger than I normally like to carry (currently carry CRKT M16-01S), but it is a nice size as far as ergonomics are concerned. The dimensions are available online, but sometimes it is nice to see a common object with it to put it in perspective (hence the pencil - I didn't have an unsharpened pencil, but this one is relatively new and close to full length).

The blade came in good shape; I could shave some arm hair off right out of the box. I am going to touch up the blade later, but as I am still learning how to sharpen (and am not too good at it), I'm going to wait to do so until I am proficient on other, older blades I own.

Over all, my first impressions are extremely positive. It fits my hand well, is light, and feels well-balanced.

I'll have to try it out for a while before I decided to use it for EDC, but I have a feeling I'm going to switch to this knife before too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Very nice knife and a great review! I've had an Endura for years but unfortunately mine has the serrated edge. I wish mine was the flat grind!
    Badey likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Great knife. I love Spyderco.

that is a very nice knife I have one just like it.The only thing is mine says its a delica and not a endure? Are you sure of the model?

Quote Originally Posted by bill35738 View Post
    that is a very nice knife I have one just like it.The only thing is mine says its a delica and not a endure? Are you sure of the model?
    Endura = 3.75" blade
    Delica = 2.875" blade

Other than that (and a minor difference in blade shape) the standard FFG/FRN models of each are very similar.

I have one, except with partially serrated blade, cliped in my Levi's right front pocket as I type this. Right beside my Kimber 1911 in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB holster.
    Badey likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I have one and yes they do look big. They carry much smaller. I had to put blue loktite on my clip because it loosened up. I got the driver and bits at Radio Shack.

Check out the Spyderco Sharpmaker. You sharpening problems will be solved.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Links