It's now for sale...Kimber JPX Jet Protector.

This is a discussion on It's now for sale...Kimber JPX Jet Protector. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't know if this has been posted before but here it is. Saw it in one of my magazine and I thought it's kinda ...

Thread: It's now for sale...Kimber JPX Jet Protector.

I don't know if this has been posted before but here it is. Saw it in one of my magazine and I thought it's kinda cool to share it. Admin/Mods feel free to delete posting if this topic already exists.

Well, first Kimber introduced this http://www.defendingwomen.com/index....roducts_id=270
    Related posting:http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...hlight=Lifeact

Now this:http://www.defendingwomen.com/index....roducts_id=273

I think it's very pricey. I'd rather have a J-frame for this price.
    Very cool design/concept but it could be easily mistaken for a toy gun.

If you own or have tried this product please give us some feedback.
    Proud owner of:
    Glock 17
    Glock 26
    Glock 34
    F.I. Model D
    S&W 642
    ZM LR-300
    Arsenal SLR-105
    Bushmaster M4

It's an interesting concept.
    My primary concern is that it gives only two shots of OC.
    Even in the video with the 'demo guy' showing how it works, his OC shots are off target a bit.

Maybe it's a range vs. effectiveness trade-off???

Standard OC is a more short-range device (like a shotgun) while this product is more like a pistol (more focused delivery at potentially longer ranges).

Also, the shape does lend itself to be palmed and then deployed. However, in a crisis, it seems like retaining control and accuracy of this product could be an issue.

My two cents...

Regards,
    Mike

Pepper spray is great because anyone can use it, just point and aim based on where the spray is going, it's very effective in most cases, and it is extremely concealable and legal.

However this seems to be the worst of everything. Not only is it GIANT, making it impossible to conceal (limiting it's practicality.) But as The Flash mentioned, it seems extremely hard to use. That guy was in a controlled situation, had the weapon in his hands all ready and it looked to me like he missed once and barely hit the guy the second time. When I buy something for self defense I want it to be dependable and so easy to use that even when my adrenaline is shooting out of my ears and my hands are shaking, I can still put an attacker down. I would never trust my life or my family's life to something like this.

While the burst may be more effective when it hits a BG chances are the spray will never make it.
    It seems to be more practical for LEOs or those who wish to use it for hunting or the like.

It doesn't tell you what PSI the load is dispersed at, but at "270 MPH", unless it dispereses into a "harmless" mist, if you pop someone in the face at 5-10', in the eyes, I would be surprised if that didn't render some permanent damage- read, "Assault with intent to maim". I'm sure European Po-Lice are using it- they aren't civilly liable. Wankers, all 'round.

Sounds Good...

But awfully expensive...
    I can buy DPS (oc spray) for about 6-7 bucks...spays about 16 feet...
    DPS is supposed to be a 'killer' spray...haven't personally tried it yet!

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Lead Moderator
    As said, seems bulky and less effective than bottles spray. less shots, more chance of misses.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

You can enter to win one from kimber through the S.W.A.T magasine on sale now! I got mine off the newsstand yesterday and its right on the cover! Pick up your copy today!

(Betty, any openings in advertising?) =)
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

You haven't seen my wife's purse!! There is no way this thing would fit in there. I prefer a J frame revolver/Walther PPK or my soon to be aquired Sig P232.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Mythbusters....

Quote Originally Posted by Reffy View Post
    Pepper spray is great because anyone can use it, just point and aim based on where the spray is going, it's very effective in most cases, and it is extremely concealable and legal. I would never trust my life or my family's life to something like this.
    Use of the spray is no guarantee of safety. In fact it's a crap shoot. In more than one instance I have seen total failure of the spray mechanism and a total loss of pressure or a dynamic explosion. Why do you think the things can be purchased for $6 or $10? Cheap, flimsy materials...these things are mass produced to make money.

As for the rest, that's mostly myth. If it's a weapon of any sort, everyone who uses it must be trained. Many of those little OC cans come equipped with a "safety" of sorts and unless you practice, getting it off in an emergency is going to be problematic. Fumble city in the dark and under the pressure of extreme fear or anger.

OC is most effective when the only drug the perp is on is the adrenalin "pump" of the criminal act. But if he's on something else, he might not react as planned. If the can is "extremely concealable" you are going to sacrifice something for that perk. Probably range and potency.

As for being "LEGAL" that's situational, too. Not anywhere in the State of Florida in any public school, college or university; public or private. The primary hunting grounds for predators of young girls.

When my daughter was in college that's what worried me the most. So I taught her some very BASIC cqb techniques that will work first time and be devastating enough to allow for an escape, even if she's drunk or otherwise incapacitated. I made her practice until she could do them in her sleep. If she felt threatened, I wanted her to be able to deal with the threat and not rely on any sort of "mechanism."
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Links