This is Awesome - folder cleaner

This is a discussion on This is Awesome - folder cleaner within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Amazon.com : Magnasonic Professional Ultrasonic Jewelry and Eyeglass Cleaner Cleaning Machine : Electronics Cleaning Products : Electronics I put my gunky folder with bits of ...

Thread: This is Awesome - folder cleaner

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar

Amazon.com : Magnasonic Professional Ultrasonic Jewelry and Eyeglass Cleaner Cleaning Machine : Electronics Cleaning Products : Electronics

I put my gunky folder with bits of cheese and fruits and salami stuck in the pivot, and with two passes it was completely free of gummy debris, and you could kinetic open it as if it were new. You just use water, no chemicals and it's cheap $25.22 from Amazon. Get your man one of these for Xmas and watch his eyes light up. Heck he might buy you jewelry just to see it clean stuff.
    41810481.jpg

What do people use for lube - dry lube? Graphite?

Anyway it beat trying to scrub it with toothpicks or heaven forbid disassemble, and gets in there deeply.

Distinguished Member
    Sounds like a great idea.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    How's it work on brass?
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Sponsor
    That one is too small to be of much use with brass. I ran a couple batches through a small US cleaner that I bought for cleaning bike carbs and it was more work than it was worth. Maybe not if you could run a bigger load. Drying the brass is a PITA and the main reason(after set up cost) that I have not gone to wet SS media tumbling.

Great idea for cleaning a folding utility knife though. I just take em apart and clean them once in a while but this would easier if not quicker.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    How's it work on brass?
    I'd say a brass knife is not going to cut it. :D

How big of a folder could you fit in there? I'm sure my combat folder is too big...
    - Hedimitrius

Need your knife sharpened? I offer free knife sharpening to all DC members. Just pay shipping both ways and I'll do the rest.

That's not where jewelry comes from

I got a Spyderco Mannix II XL into it. (it should be partly open). The Resilience also fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedimitrius View Post
    How big of a folder could you fit in there? I'm sure my combat folder is too big...
    OK, wiseguy, I'll bite. Hey Hedi, how BIG is it?? (pix?) Your combat folder, that is.

Typically I just use compressed air to clean out my knives unless they really get dirty then I just take them down and clean them out.

I prefer Slipstream lube for guns and knives I've had nothing but good things to say about it. It's a wonder lube but in my experience it lives up to the hype and it lasts an awful long time.

Luke

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links