is knifeup a good place for knife law?

This is a discussion on is knifeup a good place for knife law? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; US Knife Laws | KnifeUp the site seems to be up to date but idk if it is reliable. I'm no lawyer and it all ...

US Knife Laws | KnifeUp

the site seems to be up to date but idk if it is reliable. I'm no lawyer and it all sounds gibberish to me.

they also have this infographic that says ballistic and switchblades are legal State Knife Carry Laws: Know Your Rights | KnifeUp that sounds odd to me as well.

any help is appreciated.

I'm not sure about the legitimacy of the site, but the info seems legit, at least as far as my state is concerned. I believe that in some states it is legal to own switchblades (I'm not sure about ballistic knives), but not to carry them.

I usually use the knife section on handgunlaw.us for my knife info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I know they say some things about Michigan knife laws that are quite questionable.

Basically Michigan knife law is a bit vague, and they outright state it isn't vague and is simple and "this is how you interpret it". The problem is that I've seen reason to believe that their interpretation isn't as certain as they claim it is. They say that concealed carry of a hunting knife in MI is legal because MI law exempts hunting knives. But they completely neglect the part where the exemption states that the hunting knife must be "carried as such", which many interpret to mean it's only an exemption while hunting. The site's interpretation that hunting knives are legal for concealed carry at all times has supporters too...but they realistically say that it is still vague and uncertain, while that site states it as fact and says it isn't vague at all...which is very much not the case.

Therefore, I tend to have my doubts on them. I think they interpret in favor of knives sometimes where that favor may not exist. But, to be fair, the mentioned reason is the only one I have. Maybe they're great and that's the own thing that's a bit screwy on their whole site.

Knife laws are far varger then gun laws in most states esp with auto knifes etc. As is blade length issues ..

I like this book for The Traveler's Gun & Knife Law Book, 3rd Edition: The Essential Resource for Travelers, Hunters and Concealed-Carry Permit Holders: David Wong Esq.: 9780982684023: Amazon.com: Books keeps it simply and breaks down what is ok and what is not the author also make a sate spec book and one that just covers knife laws.

It has been pretty accurate but if you are unsure do check the state website ..

[QUOTE=Badey;3029929]I'm not sure about the legitimacy of the site, but the info seems legit, at least as far as my state is concerned. I believe that in some states it is legal to own switchblades (I'm not sure about ballistic knives), but not to carry them.

I usually use the knife section on handgunlaw.us for my knife info.

Last I looked only about 3 or 4 sates allowed you to carry a auto knife of any size . Some like CA allow them but only under 2inch or such .. More states do allow you to own them but not to carry them . That is changing bit by bit though.

I dont know about other states . I normal to be ok just take a 3inch or so spyerco knife if I travle outside AZ as non assited knifes at 3inch or less tend to be ok in most palce ( most are at 3 or so but some still are at 2.5 same for some gov buidling ..)

Links