Crkt m16-01s

This is a discussion on Crkt m16-01s within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This has been my EDC for a little while. I am going to be switching to the Endura 4 soon, but I thought this was ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Badey
  • 1 Post By Badey
  • 1 Post By A1C Lickey
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By rugergunner

Thread: Crkt m16-01s

Crkt m16-01s

This has been my EDC for a little while. I am going to be switching to the Endura 4 soon, but I thought this was worth a mention.

M16-01S - Spear Point | Kit Carson | CRKT

This retails for $46.99. I picked mine up for about $28. Sometimes they can be found for a little less.

The M16 has an overall length of 4 inches closed, and 7 inches open.

Pros:

decent price (as long as you don't pay retail

Good ergonomics (fits my hand well)

Decent steel

Is more visually appealing than a Delica or Endura, in my opinion

Cons:

It is a frame lock knife, and I am a bigger fan of other locking systems

It can only be carried tip down

Overall, it is a decent knife for the money. It has served me well, and will continue to do so in the future.

Also, there are tons of variations of this knife (wave function, tanto, titanium frame, etc.), so if you don't like this particular model, there are others to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    357and40 and rugergunner like this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

2. Remove Ads

Nice... Do you also carry a CCW?
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Quote Originally Posted by medmunds21 View Post
    Nice... Do you also carry a CCW?
    Yeah, G19 and usually a P238 too.

40Bob likes this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Nice, I've been carrying a CRKT M-16 for years, and at least one has come with me on every trip Uncle Sam has sent me on.

You might want to check again, every CRKT M-16 I've seen you can unscrew the clip and reverse it to carry tip up or down.
    OlCop likes this.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey View Post
    Nice, I've been carrying a CRKT M-16 for years, and at least one has come with me on every trip Uncle Sam has sent me on.

You might want to check again, every CRKT M-16 I've seen you can unscrew the clip and reverse it to carry tip up or down.
    I'll post pics tomorrow, but this particular model is only tip down, right or left side clip. I'm not sure why.

I have the same knife, except mine is partially serrated and is the operation iraqi freedom model so it is desert tan. It has been a great knife over the years, having made two trips to the sandbox with me. The blade is a little bent but i still carry it to this day regularly. It will give you many years of service, mine has. I am a huge fan of CRKT knives.
    Badey likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Larger versions [4"+/-] have tip up/down R/L choice, <3 1/2" only R/L. I've got a 10z Tanto.
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

Quote Originally Posted by N.M. Edmands View Post
    Larger versions [4"+/-] have tip up/down R/L choice, <3 1/2" only R/L. I've got a 10z Tanto.
    That's probably it. All of mine are the larger ones, the only smaller one is the wife's. Unfortunately they're all back in the States in storage at the moment.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

I'm a big fan of the M-16 and the M-21.
    "Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid."

Anyone else have a problem with rust on their m16? The blade of mine rusts very easily and requires a lot of maintenance to keep it off

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    I carry a M16-14zsf. It's large(9+") and I like it. I also carry a SOG FlashII and a Gerber folding utility blade. Gotta have the right tool for the task at hand, opening boxes to SD. Knives I can carry on the sales floor, the M&P9c goes in the office safe. Stupid I know, but that's their rules.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

I have a CRKT M16-10KZ (tanto partially serrated) and really like it.

I lost it and ordered a Gerber 30-000118 F.A.S.T. Technology Serrated Edge Clip Folding Knife. LOVE IT!

Found the CRKT 2 days after the Gerber arrived. It slipped off my pocket in the car and wedged itself under the seat rail. The CRKT is now a glove box knife.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by warrior73 View Post
    Anyone else have a problem with rust on their m16? The blade of mine rusts very easily and requires a lot of maintenance to keep it off
    I haven't had that problem, but I did with my CRKT Delegate Gentleman. I used it to field dress and skin a squirrel and it began rusting a couple days later.

I blame all spelling errors on auto-correct, global warming, and Tapatalk

My EDC for the last four years has been the CRKT M-16-13Z. Great knife. Also have the M16-14Z for my bag. Personally I prefer the Zytel handles over the G-10.

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Badey, that is the knife I carry everyday, except mine has some serrations about 1/3 of the way up the blade. I have had mine for three years now, and it still works just as well as the day I bought it.
    Badey likes this.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Links