Concealable sheath for Benchmade Nimravus ?? recommend?

This is a discussion on Concealable sheath for Benchmade Nimravus ?? recommend? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Georgia - We can conceal a fixed blade knife, katana, or M4, baseball bat, or even a Morning Star. It is legal with a Weapons ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By luvmy40
  • 1 Post By luvmy40

Thread: Concealable sheath for Benchmade Nimravus ?? recommend?

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Georgia - We can conceal a fixed blade knife, katana, or M4, baseball bat, or even a Morning Star. It is legal with a Weapons license.

So now I got that out of the way and no one need tell me its illegal I am looking for a concealable sheath for my Benchmade Nimravus.... any recommendations.

I would like to carry either horizontally behind my back on belt or on my side tucked in under clothing.

Thanks and God bless.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Georgia - We can conceal a fixed blade knife, katana, or M4, baseball bat, or even a Morning Star. It is legal with a Weapons license.

So now I got that out of the way and no one need tell me its illegal I am looking for a concealable sheath for my Benchmade Nimravus.... any recommendations.

I would like to carry either horizontally behind my back on belt or on my side tucked in under clothing.

Thanks and God bless.
    Panther Concealment out of Jacksonville, Fl makes concealable sheaths for knives. Email Jim@pantherconcealment.com to explain what you are looking for. Nice looking knife BTW!

Sponsor
    The Nim is a bit large to carry IWB but it might be concealable SOB at an angle.
    Here are a couple sheaths that I made for smaller knives. I can also add an attachment point for a snap loop for IWB carry.

The belt loop on these can be attached vertically, horizontally or at a 45 deg angle between any two eyelets making for a very versatile sheath.
    JD likes this.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

If I could carry a Nimravus I would too.... they are a sweet knife to be sure. I dont have any suggestions but let us know what you end up with, I am curious, as I am sure others are too.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Awesome replies friends. Thank you so much. And Taurahe I will certainly reply once a solution has been located.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    I use this one

Product Large Image

It came with attachments to put it horizontal on my belt, cross draw , high ride, or low ride. I carry mine cross draw at steep angle with the butt about 15degrees to my belt. This keeps it opposite of my rifle, does not interfere with my jacket and does not poke me if I were to squat down quickly. This would probably work for concealment too! DR

What about a shoulder holster-style carry, with the knife inverted??
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Heres some pics

There were quite a few attachments that came with the sheath, this is just what worked best for me. DR

Sponsor
    My Nim came with a ballistic nylon sheath. Molle compatible with a slightly adjustable(for length/depth) Velcro belt loop. Probably a decent sheath for a turn out rig but utterly useless for EDC. I'm not sure I would ever carry it daily but I certainly can't in the OEM sheath that I got.
    dangerranger likes this.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    My Nim came with a ballistic nylon sheath. Molle compatible with a slightly adjustable(for length/depth) Velcro belt loop. Probably a decent sheath for a turn out rig but utterly useless for EDC. I'm not sure I would ever carry it daily but I certainly can't in the OEM sheath that I got.
    Im pretty sure I was going to put a hole in me if I kept the nylon sheath! but the hard plastic is pretty safe. DR

Nimravus Kydex sheath

Are the posted images the out-of-the-box Benchmade sheath? Is the belt-loop adustable? It's hard to tell from the online images I've seen, but your setup looks perfect.

Just purchased a Nimravus 140, and would prefer a cross carry to the included MOLLE sheath. Any help is appreciated!

Whoops. Just took a closer look. Feeling stupid.

Easy solution, compliments of Michael Janich of "Best Defense" on the Outdoor Channel. Buy an extra Nimravis plastic sheath from Benchmade (save your original for belt carry). Remove the belt-attachment hardware. Trim away all extra plastic (holes & slots) from the edges of the sheath EXCEPT the two bottom holes. Attach a short length of gutted paracord to the holes. Install a small, quick-attach clip to the other end of the cord. Then simply clip the cord to a belt loop anywhere around your waist & insert the sheath IWB near that belt loop until only the grip is above your belt line. To deploy the knife, pull it by the grip from your belt & the sheath will remain attached to the blade (you don't cut your clothes, belt or skin), keep pulling & you'll hit the end of your short cord ~6-8" away from your body (no self-slicing) and the sheath will pop-off. Works like a charm. I EDC a custom fixed-blade karambit that way. Stays where I put it, nice & covert, very (VERY) fast into the fight.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Sponsored Links