SOG. Trident TF6

This is a discussion on SOG. Trident TF6 within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Considering purchasing the SOG Trident TF6. Any thoughts on quality and serviceability?...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GWarden
  • 1 Post By hardluk1
  • 1 Post By shadowwalker

Thread: SOG. Trident TF6

SOG. Trident TF6

Considering purchasing the SOG Trident TF6. Any thoughts on quality and serviceability?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GWarden View Post
    Considering purchasing the SOG Trident TF6. Any thoughts on quality and serviceability?
    nobody responded yet? i'll bite.
    i don't know diddly about this particular knife. i do know SOG is a great knife maker. i have an original Trident fixed blade and it is one of my favorite knives. quality should be top notch. i've had a few SOG folders, and a few SOG multi-tools. the only porblem i had was my first "small" multitool from them, straight broke. one jaw of the plier snapped right off. but it was more my fault, i forget what i was doing to it, but it was outside of the norm. i do know i sent it in, and they sent it right back, all fixed up and pretty. only had to pay to ship it there. i can also say, with SO MANY folders on the market, i look mostly look at a few things rather than manufacturer(to some degree).
    a) what steel is it made out of.
    b)what finish does it have
    c)this is a big one to me; does it have bushings betwen blade and handle in pivot? are the bushings brass, or plastic(to me, brass is better)but plastic better than none.
    d)handle material
    e)options; reversible clip, webbing cutter, what's the thumb stud like and how does my hand feel opening it.

blah, blah, blah, SOG should be a good knife, now you just gotta decide if you like it

my two cents

There are a lot of good knives to choose from.I guess you have to try and decide what would be the best for yourself.That said,i bought the Sog Trident below a couple of years ago and i like it..If i lost it,i would buy another one..Just so many out on the market these days.

Sog Trident Tanto 001.jpg

Sog Trident Tanto 002.jpg

I had a SOG some time ago & loved it... I never replaced mine after it was misplaced
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Thanks for the reply. I do like it, and probably will purchase it. I just wanted to know if anyone had first hand experience using it.

Thanks for the reply. I probably will purchase it. I believe it will work well for me on duty and off. Just wanted to know if anyone had first hand experience. You, Kavalander, and medmunds21 confirmed what I believed. Thanks to all. Be Safe.
    Brent95 likes this.

Have one that sits in my EDC bag...

Kershaw Thermite replaced it.

No regrets.

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

I was never tempted to buy a Trident but then I received one as a gift. I'm very impressed with it. Feels robust without being heavy. I haven't used it for anything more than opening and breaking down boxes so I can't tell you if it will get you through a zombie apocalypse but I'd be willing to bet on it.

Being a SOG fan I'll say just do it....I own at least 11 SOG knives and they are great for what you pay for them. YMMV

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    I've been using and carrying an SOG Flash II for ten years now. Nearly sharpened the serrations off of it but it has been a good knife. Very easy to sharpen up to a razor edge.

SOG says they will reblade it for me for $25 but I can't bear to send it off to them.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Distinguished Member
    Although I prefer the USA made Gerber's, the SOG is a good quality. I do have one.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    GWarden Probably far to late by now . BUT , I have a Been carry'n a sog flash II for 6 years. The Trident is a American knife using the same steel as mine and close to the same size. I can tell you it will hold a good edge considering how easily it will take an edge. The blade assist works well and will not open in the pocket on its own unless you really screw up. I do not like the safety lock as it can become locked in the pocket when not wanted so I dropped some super glue on the lock . The pocket hook is reversible and the knife has stay tight for me for 6 years and that's say'n a lot. I am not easy on a pocket knife. With a retail price of 103 dollars check out smokey mountain knife works for a well discounted price. I see your handle is GWarden . Game Warden? Or retired there and doing Home Land only now. Or both.
    GWarden likes this.

hardluk1, Thanks for the info. I did get the Trident and like it. I'm a former Game Warden and now work for a company that is subcontracted by ICE.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Zero Tolerance 300 love it.
    GWarden likes this.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Stay safe with ICE. Had a couple buddy's that were wildlife officers back in south florida where I spent 41 years. Several stayed in our airboat camp when they were in the area. It was not so great a job back then with so many drugs coming in by plane and boat. They spent more time doing drug interdiction than dealing with wildlife issues for some years in the 70's and early 80's.

Links