Small pepper spray

Small pepper spray

This is a discussion on Small pepper spray within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wondering if anyone knows of any good smaller pepper spray type setups for a pocket. I've had the ASP Key Defender , Sabre Red ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Small pepper spray

Small pepper spray

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good smaller pepper spray type setups for a pocket.

I've had the ASP Key Defender, Sabre Red, and the Fox Labs 2oz. I'm not really happy with any of them. The ASP doesn't have much of a spray. When I tested it, it shot for a second and then sputtered all over everything. The Sabre red I actually really like (good size, decent spray), but I can't stand the activation lever. I want something more secure like the flip tops. The Fox labs is great stuff, but too fat. If Fox would make a tall skinny can I'd be all over it. Just curious if anyone else has any recommendations.

Sure...I've been buying the OC-17 Police Magnum for years for my alternative to killing scenario. That and my GF won't ever carry a gun for SD. Look it up on EBay....two sizes...actually one of them fits in my t-shirt pocket. Just a thumb twist to activate. I've also used this effectively on stray (aggressive) dogs when walking my little Pom in the neighborhood.
    than137 likes this.
    So you want a holy war? How many holes would you like?

Cool

I carry an ASP Street Defender. Works well however you must keep the hole at the end of the cylinder clean and replace the OC refill every couple of years.

I carry the .68 oz. Mark 6 and also the 2 oz. Mark 3 from various manufactures. Both have flip tops and I really have no complaints. I replace them every 3 years instead of 4 but that's just me.

photo.jpg

The .68 oz. is I feel very thin and easy to carry as compared to the 2 oz.

photo.jpg

Regards,

FlaRon
    than137 likes this.
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

I might try that mark 6. I might also look at the ASP street defender. I really like the idea of the ASP style. I like the key defender I have, but I just didn't care for it after testing the spray. Maybe I'll order another insert and try - maybe it was a bad/old/whatever insert.
    FlaRon likes this.

Fox does or did have a smaller, pocket sized spray that I bought from them when a I bought the 2 oz size.
    image.jpg
    "If there is trouble, I stay here to help you. For your father -- for your father."

Kimber Pepper Blaster. Shoots 13 ft at 90 mph.

WrongRecroom likes this.
    Owner/Instructor of Make Ready Defensive Training
    Kentucky Dept of Criminal Justice Training Certified Firearms Instructor in Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Recruiter
    www.MakeReadyDefense.com

Quote Originally Posted by jmattingly73 View Post
    Kimber Pepper Blaster. Shoots 13 ft at 90 mph.

This or this frame-schwarz-neues-magazin-3.jpg

This is the spray to carry for me as it is slim line has no blowback and hits like a muther ...

But if we are talking mul attakers best to have a wide spray or foam kind .. I think cold steel makes a skinny tall can inferno spray
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    This or this frame-schwarz-neues-magazin-3.jpg

This is the spray to carry for me as it is slim line has no blowback and hits like a muther ...

But if we are talking mul attakers best to have a wide spray or foam kind .. I think cold steel makes a skinny tall can inferno spray
    Now that is awesome. 405 mph up to 23 feet.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    Owner/Instructor of Make Ready Defensive Training
    Kentucky Dept of Criminal Justice Training Certified Firearms Instructor in Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Recruiter
    www.MakeReadyDefense.com

Spitfire.............

I'll pick up a spitfire to test as well. I've thought about the kimber pepper blasters, but they always seemed a bit larger than I wanted to deal with. I haven''t seen one in person yet though so maybe it's deceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo411 View Post
    Fox does or did have a smaller, pocket sized spray that I bought from them when a I bought the 2 oz size.
    image.jpg
    That looks like a very similar style safety lever to the Sabre Red that I don't like. It was always too easy to have it bump something and find it unlocked ready to make my pants very uncomfortable.

Distinguished Member
    Just bought Inferno from Cold Steel for my wife. Decent stuff.

cs.jpg

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    I've been looking at getting the fox labs stuff. They have two different size key chain ones. I'm gonna get one of each so I can decide.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

I've been carrying Sabre CS/Red Pepper spray for a few years now. I like having a 'less than lethal' option. It was on sale @ my local sporting goods store so I bought several canisters. I keep a couple in my car console, my various jacket pockets and so on. Outside of work, I always have one available. I've never had to deploy it so honestly, no idea what the terminal performance is like. I do know I was exposed to CS gas in the military ... sans gas mask; a girl scout troop could have bowled me over @ that time. Brutal stuff, but that was ingesting a bunker full of crap. Anyway, I think a face full of Sabre will impede an attack long enough for me to get outta there and call 911.
    Brent2006 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thedogfather View Post
    I've been carrying Sabre CS/Red Pepper spray for a few years now. I like having a 'less than lethal' option. It was on sale @ my local sporting goods store so I bought several canisters. I keep a couple in my car console, my various jacket pockets and so on. Outside of work, I always have one available. I've never had to deploy it so honestly, no idea what the terminal performance is like. I do know I was exposed to CS gas in the military ... sans gas mask; a girl scout troop could have bowled me over @ that time. Brutal stuff, but that was ingesting a bunker full of crap. Anyway, I think a face full of Sabre will impede an attack long enough for me to get outta there and call 911.
    See this is why I like the combo sprays ... CS or CN spray.. Some people are immune to normal OC spray it just does not bother them much at all .. CN or CS that stuff may not be as eye closing as OC.. But the fact that CN cause you to have breathing problems plus the possibility of distortion/nasua etc that plys OC bad bad day

So yeah like you I prefer either CN or CS + OC spray that should give the bad dude a bad day

I mean heck reading about CN makes you see why it or CS make good sense Phenacyl chloride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like CS gas, this compound irritates the mucous membranes (oral, nasal, conjunctival and tracheobronchial). Sometimes it can give rise to more generalized reactions such as syncope, temporary loss of balance and orientation.[3] More rarely, cutaneous irritating outbreaks have been observed and allergic contact permanent dermatitis.[4]

Though I like that CS caused vomiting that should slow em down ...

I am surpise someone is still making a CS spray all I have seen is CN/OC/UV.. I should look into this
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links