Izula 2

Izula 2

This is a discussion on Izula 2 within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hope that I'm not beating a dead horse, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I just got a Izula 2 for my birthday ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By WrongRecroom

Thread: Izula 2

Izula 2

I hope that I'm not beating a dead horse, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I just got a Izula 2 for my birthday today and being that I'm only 19, I can't get my concealed carry permit. The way I read the law for Iowa is that if its under 4 inches you don't need a permit to conceal it. Am I right?

Never ask legal advice from strangers...

That all said as a non lawyer looking at "the travler guide to gun/knife law" you should be ok as long as said knife is not over 5inch ( not 4) and is not a dagger/auto knife etc .. You can carry thouse but only with a permit ...

That said also it looks like you should stay away from school and the captial building or any school zone esp in Des moin with a blade ..

So not a laywer and check with one and look at the states reg but should be ok esp seeing as this does not apprea to be too tactial of a blade etc ...

But of course not carrying a blade is more often then not the same thing as a gun carrying in terms of legal issues so bare that in mind if you are going to carry for SD
    Eric357 and Freds like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Sounds good to me, that's the way I took it, but I just wanted to be sure. I don't carry it for more than just as a tool, it's more comfortable to carry the izula than a folder which takes up more space in my pocket.

Links