Are Sebenzas that good?

This is a discussion on Are Sebenzas that good? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for opinions from people that own Sabenzas to see how they compare to Benchmade's, Spiderco's or other production folders in that category. I've ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Madcap_Magician

Thread: Are Sebenzas that good?

Are Sebenzas that good?

I'm looking for opinions from people that own Sabenzas to see how they compare to Benchmade's, Spiderco's or other production folders in that category. I've only read good things about them but wanted to hear from folks here.

TIA, Darren

2. Remove Ads

The Chris Reeve knives?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Looks awesome, would love to have one, not $455.00+ good to me. Someone else maybe, but that is out of my price range for that particular item. I am wondering now is the knife that good or is it the "art" you are paying for.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The Chris Reeve knives?
    yup...

VIP Member
    The Chris Reeve knives are far better than the mass produced Benchmade/Spyderco level of knives. If you need a good knife.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I have a small Sebenza I traded my Strider SnG for. I love it and I carry it from time to time as a second knife. I'm thinking about giving this one to my wife and picking up a large Sebenza.

Jack

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Sebenzas are, I think, the finest general purpose folding knives to come out of a semi-custom factory shop.

Are they worth the price increase over my Spydercos? No, not to me, but if I had the extra dough they would be.
    sensei2 likes this.
    Hakkaa päälle!

I'm not much of a knife guy (...yet) but a friend got me an Umnumzaan and all I can say is WOW!!! I've never heard of them until then.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by tacos3 View Post
    yup...
    Yup+
    I've got a small bloodwood sebenza. Beautiful BUT, I do hesitate to use it sometimes. So it depends on what you use your knives for. For hard use I tend to use my spydercos.
    But I can still get what I paid for the sebenza and it's been several years. Value wise they don't seem to depreciate.
    "If there is trouble, I stay here to help you. For your father -- for your father."

I have a small 21 with snakewood and a lg regular unique graphic I carry one or the other everyday, and have for the last 4-5 years. If your looking for the best knife you will ever own, a knife that all others are judged against get a sebenza. If you want a knife that is 4 times better then a $110 benchmade or spyderco, keep looking. It is only a knife it's only function is to cut. It preforms that function well but not much better then any other knife.

That being said I love mine and will be buying a Sebenza 25 when funds allow

Have a Sebenza full size classic-style NICA Tanto 1of200 limited edition.
    Wife gave it as a surprise (very hard to surprise me, but she did) Christmas gift several years ago.
    I've known Chris since the late '80s when he used to travel from South Africa to do the California Custom Knife Show. His signature knives were one-piece hollow-handle fixed blades back then.

The Sebenza is a work of art. You really have to know knives and spend time around the good ones to appreciate the Seb.
    They are worth every penny. Like the saying goes, "Buy quality and only cry ONCE!"

Lower knife in the pic is my Sebenza. If you think five bills is too much for a good knife, you don't even wanna know what the other one can cost these days....

Here's the backside of both knives. The Emerson in my avatar snuck in somehow as well.
    Last edited by JackBlades; February 26th, 2014 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Add pics
    AMMUNITION: The currency for the new millenium.

The sebenza is a well put together knife. If your interested in one toss me a email. I can get you a good deal probably - bladereviews101@gmail.com
    Blade Reviews 101 - Knife, Tactical & Survival Gear Reviews
    The Knife Exchange - Buy, Sell, and Trade Knives
    Facebook - Instagram

they are awesome, you wont be disappointed..make sure you get a real one though, some knock offs have been sold recently..i have one of the original 100 tantos..

Sponsor
    I've seen some knock offs that are darn nice knives. If they weren't counterfeit, I wouldn't mind have a couple that I have run across. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but forgery is unforgivable.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Jack blades that is a super nice Terzuola you have their. It is hard to find the simple ones any more. On a side note I had a chance to tour his little shop a few years back. Heck of a nice guy.

Links