Spyderco Outlet Store

This is a discussion on Spyderco Outlet Store within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just found out that Spyderco Knives are made in Golden, CO and that they have an outlet store there. I was thinking of taking ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By luvmy40
  • 1 Post By Calvito

Thread: Spyderco Outlet Store

Spyderco Outlet Store

I just found out that Spyderco Knives are made in Golden, CO and that they have an outlet store there. I was thinking of taking my boy there for a little quality time this weekend and was wondering if any of my fellow DC members has ever been and if it's worth the time. I bought us a couple of matching Spyderco knives awhile back and thought he might enjoy it. Thanks in advance for any helpful input.

2. Remove Ads

I never knew...........Post a report when you're back. It sounds like a great day however it turns out.

Sponsor
    I bought My first Spyderco knife in back in the 80's in Golden, but that was before the "Outlet Store".

It sounds like a great day to me, let us know how it goes and post some pics if you can.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

They have models made in Golden CO as well as China.. I get mine from Blade HQ or Knifeworks...love em
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

They make their lower end knives in China.... At least my Tenacious was made there.... But, it's awesome! I don't think there's a better knife at that price point out there. Also, the build quality does not look like most of the stuff made in China....

I would love to go to their outlet store.
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

Sponsor
    I actually just got the Spyderco Dealer Packet and It looks like the Byrd series are pretty much all made in China. Quite a few other models made in Japan and a couple items from Taiwan.

All of the Spydies that I own are USA products but I do own a couple Seiki Japan knives and their quality is exemplary.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I just like how the CO knifes are labeled .." Golden Colorado USA earth " I dont think I would go to that store .... I would buy too much .... Let us know
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Yeah, I always appreciated the subtle humor of adding "Earth". Like you might find one in the grass on Mars & wonder where it was made. I would wonder more about WHO LOST IT?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I bought a ZDP189 Endura at that store. The prices are not as good as GPKnivies or the Army Navy store on Broadway in Littleton. The Army Navy stored is low on inventory right now. They are out of Military and very low on Paramilitary2. They only had the black/black in the Army Navy store. AN store also has Benchmade.

The Seki City, Japan knives are great. They are usually VG-10 or ZDP-189. I am a huge fan of VG-10. My kitchen knives are VG-10 Shun.

Just got back from Golden. It was definitely worth the drive, especially if you are a fan of Spyderco or are wanting to compare different models in your hand vs on a computer screen. The employees are knowledgeable and friendly. They switched the pocket clips on our knives to help us carry them more effectively in our left pockets. It's not a big store, but they had a lot of their product on display.

Here are some pictures:

IMG_20140315_135012_936.jpg
    IMG95201403159514172995524.jpg IMG95201403159514172695705.jpg IMG95201403159514172395830.jpg IMG95201403159514164895773.jpg
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    This sounds like someplace I need to stay away from!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Links