Benchmade Lifesharp program.

This is a discussion on Benchmade Lifesharp program. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone ever take advantage of this service? I purchased the Griptilian 553 Tanto/ half serrated about two years ago, used from another forum. It came ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Benchmade Lifesharp program.

Anyone ever take advantage of this service?
    I purchased the Griptilian 553 Tanto/ half serrated about two years ago, used from another forum. It came from a knife collector, in factory box and pouch. While it is my EDC when not at work, I don't really cut anything with it, in the effort to keep it as sharp as possible for SD.
    I guess two years of opening the mail took it toll, and the blade, while sharp, just was not SHARP!!!!!
    I sent it to Benchmade, with the $5.00 fee, and when it returned, it was cleaned, oiled, and SHARP!!!!

Great service from the company, excellent communications with them.

Kudos to Benchmade.
    Doghandler and DefConGun like this.
    The more I know of mankind, the more I like my dogs.....

I used it once a long time ago before I learned to do it myself. From what I recall they also threw in a new pocket clip and screws kit at no charge.
    Last edited by Captains1911; March 29th, 2014 at 10:17 AM.
    DefConGun and Doghandler like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Captains1911 View Post
    I used it once a long time ago before I learned to do it myself. From what I recall they also threw in a new belt clip and screws kit at no charge.
    They did indeed!!
    Doghandler likes this.

I've used it several times. Excellent results each time.
    glockcoma and Doghandler like this.
    =
    "The six-shooter loaded with deadly cartridges is a dangerous companion for any man, especially if he should unfortunately be primed with whiskey." - Texas Live Stock Journal, June 5, 1884
    "Leave Your Revolvers At Police Headquarters and Get a Check." - Sign outside Wichita, 1873.

VIP Member
    I have a Spyderco Sharpmaker and I manage to keep my Benchmade - including the serrated edge - quite sharp. Even after carving walking sticks and whittling the time away.

But if the factory deal works for you, good. $5 for factory sharp and light refurb is not bad at all.
    DefConGun and Doghandler like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

When I sent in my Benchmade Kulgera for them to fix a broken Omega Spring, they tuned up the knife's action and sharpened the blade for free. They put a really good edge on the knife, but not better than one I can do with my Wicked Edge.
    Doghandler and glockcoma like this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I wouldn't trust them with the edge but I'd certainly go for the refurb. I have a 940 that could actually use an action tune up. I have several Benchmades and I've had to tweak the factory tip on almost all of them. I like a needle tip so I would not let those guys touch the edge for fear I'd have to fix it - again.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Hard to beat their customer service. I messes up the screws holding the pocket clip on my 950 Osborne Rift and within ten days they had sent me a new clip and three screws. While the sharping program might not be the best they will restore the blade to original sharpness.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Sponsor
    Most higher quality knife makers offer something similar. I think Benchmade is the "biggest" shop I've seen offer this service though, it's usually the boutique/custom guys.

The only production shop I'd let sharpen my knife is CRK. I think the factory edge on my new Sebenza is even sharper than the factory job on the Spyderco Para Military 2, which is also amazing for OTB.

I'm of the old shool persuasion and I think that everyone needs to know how to properly hone and strop a blade. You don't necessarily need to be able to produce a tree topping, hair popping edge, but you should be able to make any knife reasonably sharp. You don't even need any expensive equipment to do so. Harbor Freight sells a 4 sided diamond hone(200-600 grit) for about $30.00 IIRC that does a very respectable job.

Honing/whetting a blade is not really difficult, it just takes practice.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Kershaw will sharpen their knives for free, and replace a blade if broken for $10. for life.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I personally own the Lansky system for sharpening

A friend gave me his old dull crappy looking Benchmade. I sent it off to Benchmade and it came back looking new except for a fews scuffs on the black blade coating. They cleaned it, sharpened the blade, and replaced the clip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hmm, I have a buddy with a beat to hell Benchmade. Maybe I'll get it from him and send it in.

Just go on the website, look for the Lifesharp program, and follow the procedure. Sharpening is free, the $5.00 is return freight.

I use it and love it. Replaced spring in my Griptilian sharpened edge and replaced screws. Can't complain for $5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links