Defensive Carry banner

Botach Tactical

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  NCHornet 
#1 ·
Has anyone done business with Botach Tactical? I did not research the company and ordered a knife from them because it was a good price and the knife was really hard to find anywhere else.

#2 ·
Not good! I hear of a lot of problems from this place so good luck with it. many have posted problems with them here and elsewhere.

It pay's to research a little, I hope everything turn's out alright though.

Ti

#4 ·
At one time they did OK, they must have changed hands or something.

Its not good when a business doesnt answer their phone, or they dont honor advertised prices, or even have the items in stock they advertise.

#5 ·
A mixed bag from personal experiences, but if they fill your order they honor their price. A recent example, ordered the Night-ops Gladius at $119 back in October, they ended up substituting with the Insight Typhoon (exact same light) though the new price was $139; cheapest Gladius is $185. Just got it this week. A less satisfactory order, never charged to my CC last spring, never filled it or notified me despite the online order confirmation. Seems like they do better with bigger ticket items, but always a wait and not too great at replying to phone calls or e-mails.

#7 ·
I haven't had any problems in about a dozen transactions, but it appears I have been extremely lucky. I have heard too many horror stories from folks I like and respect to think otherwise. Have you tried Shomer-Tec? http://www.shomer-tec.com GREAT STUFF.

#8 ·
Hit or miss

It seems to be kind of a crap shoot when you deal with them.

My personal experience, limited to only a couple of transactions, has been stellar. I received what I ordered on schedule or earlier with no problems whatsoever.

Others have reported otherwise.

-Paul

#9 ·
I have bought from them about 10 times. Everything from magazines,5.11 clothes, flashlights etc. I have never had anything but perfect service but I also have heard some real horror stories.

I will probably continue to buy from them until I do have something happen to make me change my mind.

#14 ·
Great, I just ordered a Streamlight NF-2 tactical light from them last night!!! Never thought about checking them out. They had the best price by far on this awesome light. Well I hope I am in the 50% that don't have any problems. We will see.

#15 ·
Boy do I wish I would have found this post before I ordered. It has been 10 days since my order and no knife. Three emails and one phone call today no response. I have now demanded them to cancel my order and reverse the charges on my CC. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow I will reverse charges myself through my CC company. I posted the great price on the light on another forum and another member ordered one also. He got his in three days, but it was the wrong light and he can't get in touch with anyone to clear up the issue. So this is one company to stay away from, no matter how good their pricing is!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.