knife for SHTF bag ?

This is a discussion on knife for SHTF bag ? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like the fallkniven F-1 a whole bunch..mine is in a custom piece of concealex by www.rivercitysheaths.com The loveless design is probably the best overall ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: knife for SHTF bag ?

I like the fallkniven F-1 a whole bunch..mine is in a custom piece of concealex by www.rivercitysheaths.com

The loveless design is probably the best overall field knife out there..Add a swiss army knife or a mulit tool and a machete and you are ready for the woods.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

2. Remove Ads

Great ideas here!

My EDC blade is a Camillus Cudamaxx, 5.5 inches of D2 tool steel. I always have a Leatherman Wave handy too.
    My semi retired Swiss Army Knife is in my E&E kit. And my Bugout Bag has a Kershaw Outcast, 10 inches of D2 chopping machine.
    I have heard that SOG is coming out with a new Multitool with liner lock blades that have assisted opening in August or so(S66 Power Assist) which I will look into. If I like and buy it, the Wave will find permenant residence in my BOB.

Nothing wrong with the Kabar, carried one in the Marines and abused the crap out of it. Had a commemorative one(bought the day I got out) for the 25 years since. Simple, inexpensive, durable blade. The Kabar in in my 'camping gear' with a Colds Steel Special Forces Shovel(all edges sharpened) and a second Swiss Army Knife.

Knives are required tools for daily life and real world survival........best to have some redundancy incase one breaks, gets borrowed or gets lost.
    Basics: Multitool, decent folder, chopping blade.
    If you are into hunting, you may want to add a dedicated skinning knife. And DO NOT forget the sharpening gear!

Well put jercamp45!!!
    "The best compliment to the Warrior is that others feel safe while you are around." I would add especially if they REALLY ARE safe when you are around.

Cold Steel Trail Master
    "Only hits count."
    Jeff Cooper

Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Several 'Buck' hunting knives here, and two Kershaw Ken Onion Leek's too...

I would sure like to know where everyone is going when the SHTF...I'm staying here...running the generator to watch the 'gridlock' on the news...should prove interesting to watch!

OMO

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wink It Depends....ON TIMING....

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I would sure like to know where everyone is going when the SHTF...I'm staying here...running the generator to watch the 'gridlock' on the news...should prove interesting to watch!
    I'm at the extreme southern tip of the Florida Peninsula, in Miami. Something BIG happens and I'm pretty much trapped. There are only a few roads out of the area and those are channelized by terrain: Everglades on the West and the Sea to the east. Maybe...JUST MAYBE....with a world class 4x4 I could use one of the older tertiary paths out of the area and cut cross country but it'd be a major risk, since at the first hint of a major disaster the Highwaymen will slime their way out of the woodwork. Read a book published in 1958 called Alas Babylon by Pat Frank. It's set in Florida in the aftermath of WWIII.

If I have enough time to see an event unfold and KNOW with absolute certainty that it can't be avoided and know this in advance of the masses, I'll have time to make it up to my wife's dad in north Florida. He's rural and rich and well setup. Might be the best of all world. If the HELLHOUNDS will just hold off a few more YEARS I might have time to move to North Carolina and build my dream retreat/retirement abode. Also to get my dream survival vehicle.

To wit:
    http://www.sportsmobile.com/4_4x4sports.html

AND

http://www.formworksbuilding.com/
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

No one has mentioned the new Marine Corp Bayonet, it has a 8 inch Blade and looks a lot like the K-Bar, If one wanted to carry a Bayonet to fit on an AR I would think that this one would be top choice. Myself If SHTF I'm staying home. I live in a small town and I will provide weapons for my friends and neighbors if needed to protect our town.

You could always use the one Tom Brown put together (trackerschool.com has it on there)

It's the one used in the hunted with Benecio Del Toro (spelling)

I took a close look at it and it's on my long list of stuff to buy. Not cheap though. Would work good for defense or survival or about anything else you would want a knife for...

I have an old Effingham BlackJack # 7 that is the best all around field knife that I've ever tired. I also have an Ontario TAK that is a real close second. Both cut like a laser and take lots of abuse. If I were buying one knife today for such an application, I'd go with an Ontario RAT-7 in carbon steel, plain edge.
    For really fine work, I've got a Dozier classic - but it is solely a cutting tool - not an all around "beater" for the bush.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links