CRKT Edgie.

CRKT Edgie.

This is a discussion on CRKT Edgie. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's been a few weeks since I got a new knife so I picked up a CRKT Edgie today. I got it for $20 from ...

Thread: CRKT Edgie.

CRKT Edgie.

It's been a few weeks since I got a new knife so I picked up a CRKT Edgie today. I got it for $20 from SMKW, I have been waiting for it to fall to that price before I bought one.

It's a non-locking folder with a sheep's foot blade, a work knife or a box cutter. But it sharpens itself, every time you use it it is freshly honed.
    Well I haven't had chance to really run it through it's paces but I am impressed so far. It will probably end up living in my Electrician's toolbag, but for a week or two I am going to carry it and use it for all cutting and opening boxes.
    I will retain the CRKT M21 next to it in my pocket though as I can't rely on a non-locking folder for more than light duty, and certainly not self defense.

Good knife at a good price, and for once a useful gimmick.

Follow up.
    Well I've had this thing in my pocket for about a month now, I was sick for a week during that time but it has seen at least 4 weeks work.
    It's good but not as good as I wanted it to be, it keeps a sharp edge but the blade is not as hard as my other knives. I'm not sure what job caused it but I have made a few nicks on the cutting edge already, and I got some drain cleaner on it and it burned into the finish.

Conclusion is that it is worth $20 as a toolbag knife but I won't be carrying it any more. It doesn't lock, it doesn't have a flipper and to be honest I just miss my previous daily carry CRKT M21.

Although I will probably be getting either a Sog Trident or Twitch XL in a few weeks so the M21 might be back on the shelf while I try that new knife out.
    Last edited by Pete; March 1st, 2007 at 05:48 PM.

Senior Moderator
    Thanks for the report.

The non-locking blade is a no-go for me.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Sponsored Links