Defensive pens

Defensive pens

This is a discussion on Defensive pens within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the quest to have a variety of things at my disposal if the time were to ever happen(God forbid) I have been looking at ...

Thread: Defensive pens

Defensive pens

In the quest to have a variety of things at my disposal if the time were to ever happen(God forbid) I have been looking at several Items for self defense. I have mentioned many of them here since becoming a member. (This sight is great by the way).

I am looking at the Mil-Tac TDP-1 pen as an impact tool designed by Elishewitz it is made from AirCraft grade Aluminum. I am looking at this not only cause you can always use a pen but because I can carry this all the time and it does'nt look dangerous. Before I spend the 90.00 to get it does anyone have one? How do you like it? Does it seem like a viable tool. I would love to get the Henderer but that is 300.00 and a bit out of my price range.

Thanks

Matt

I like the pen that shoots a 22 lr, Oh wait that is James Bond stuff? Does this pen have a knife blade? I have seen some that have a hidden knife for a few bucks from SMKW. In reality any pen can be used as a plunt weapon. I think I could find better areas to spend a C note, but that's me.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

VIP Member
    Unfortunately, sometimes you get stuck with tools like pens for defense because you can't have anything else. For my honeymoon to Scotland, I had my camera monopod and one stout mechanical pencil.

No, I've never handled the Mil-Tac pen, but if you're worried about the cost of it, I think you could find yourself a much less expensive pen or pencil that would work effectively.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Letting go of a bill for a pen seems a bit out of range. It would be nice to have something for defensive purposes that isn't out of ones normally carried items though. A pen is one of those things that no one would blink at. This one just has a different look than something you would buy at Wal-Mart, so it wouldn't look out of place, but still be handy if you have to go mano a mano.

Administrator
    There are plenty of alum. shaft pens out there for a whole lot less than $90.
    "Just blame Sixto"

The Mil-Tac is along the same lines as Rick Hinderer's Modular Kubobaton, with pen attachment. You can spend $300 for the boxed pen set, or about $210, by ordering the baton body, and pen attachments seperately from Rick's site, IIRC.

I guess I would say, if you live in a decidedly NPE, it is $ well spent. No "factory" pens compare to the gouging, hammering and wrenching you can do with either of these. I've had the Hinderer, and EDC both a Rotring and Parker stainless steel pen, so I do have some basis for comparison.

Never tried a Mil-Tac, but have see it in catalogs. I usually carry a solid steel Cross ballpoint, when that is my only option. $50.00.

I was looking at this as a tool I can carry in areas that I can't have a gun or knife such as a Airliner and some fed buildings. I will have to look at the cross pens as a possible alternative. Thank you.

Not a pen, but might be a good option for those who live in rainy areas
    Ultimate Umbrella

I have carried steel pens for this reason. I would not carry an aluminum one for this reason. The logic is driving an impact weapon into soft tissue. Start looking for free pens until you find a few steel ones. A magnet will stick to steel. Try driving a few into a 2x4 board with a hammer. It wont work as good as a steel nail but it will work better than an aluminum pen. I found my best one at a security agency when I stopped in to interview someone. They were advertising type promotional pens.Carried them for years. Very discrete and no I never put one into soft tissue in a confrontation. But your thinking tactical, and collecting tools. Good for you. The best tools are really simple and easy to use, because you thought about it.
    I am an American. I vote. I will serve on a jury when called. Its a MEMBERS ONLY thing.

Administrator
    If anything possibly go with this one in Delrin for $49.00 Click Here

My opinion is that there is just not enough cool factor attached to any "tactical" pen that would justify a C~note retail price.
    I personally would shop around for a while.

But, if you want one and have the money for it then buy one.
    God Bless America....it's your right to buy buy one and enjoy owning it.
    Last edited by QKShooter; January 20th, 2007 at 11:39 AM.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

New Member Array naturalbornjoker's Avatar
    check out timberline's lightfoot combat pen. if you really want to be able to carry an impact weapon everywhere you walk... get this pen.

it can be had for around 60-70 dollars depending where you look.

http://www.timberlineknives.com/prod...8F2039F1B2F008

Sponsored Links