Unarmed English cops saved by man with sword.Cops want to arrest savior.

This is a discussion on Unarmed English cops saved by man with sword.Cops want to arrest savior. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can the BGs sue the cops if they offend or hassle them. This would be the ultimate insult to the cop. I bet the english ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unarmed English cops saved by man with sword.Cops want to arrest savior.

Can the BGs sue the cops if they offend or hassle them. This would be the ultimate insult to the cop. I bet the english cops have a high turn over.
    Last edited by Tom G; February 18th, 2007 at 08:19 PM. Reason: bad spelling

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    The cops are often products of their training, or they are following the orders of their superiors. I bet the cops are quietly grateful, but can’t say anything publicly with ending their career.

I think that people are starting to wake up over there, well at least I am hopefully! If our present government becomes a majority, they will be able to dismantle some of the gun laws here and set the anti’s agenda back by a decade or so.

We are finding that the Internet is one of the greatest tools to fight the anti’s as it allows gun owners to communicate and to challenge the MSM monopoly on news. We also go after every article printed that spews lies and even after any online poll that is anti-firearm. One the biggest hurdles gunowners face is themselves. The Hunters put down the Black rifles and handgun owners, who put down the hunters and target shooters put down the IPSC,IPDA types, etc,etc. The anti’s exploit these divisions, so it’s up to all of us to ensure that we talk with people who have different gun hobbies and make sure that we protect each other, rather than selling ourselves off one gun at a time.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

You expect to think like , but when the sheepdogs start to think like it gets downright scary!

Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    You expect to think like , but when the sheepdogs start to think like it gets downright scary!
    True...but you have to have sheepdogs to begin with for that logic to work...See they started with sheep. Gave them Sheepdog clothing...and then called them bobbies.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

This "escapade" is one of many reasons why I don't respect the Bloody Poms.

Biker

You know, there are a lot of parallels with what's going on in modern England with the 40yrs preceding the American revolution for independence. The House of Lords should understand that chaos and anarchy are just a step away, when the boot has been on the back of the neck for too long. The Monarchy removed its boot a long time ago, only to be replaced by the House lording it over everyone, in the vacuum. Sad.

Unarmed English cops saved by man with sword.Cops want to arrest savior.
    Of course they do. They were shown up for the foolish, ineffective group they are. A society where the citizenry has more chutzpah than the ruling authorities? O! horrible.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; March 25th, 2007 at 04:15 PM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have said it before....I'll say it again. This is an example of only ONE of the reasons why the UK is quickly becoming a third world country.

Anyone who used to be a British Subject and is now a US CITIZEN should feel very good about their choice to emigrate indeed.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Sad, sad, sad

What's sad about this whole deal is the fact that law enforcement will be required to put more effort into apping this sword weilding fella than into catching the actual bad guys.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Makes you think that a V for Vendetta type of society is not far from reality in the UK.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

THE English subjects will get enough of being ruled one of these days and standup for themselves. if they don't all leave the country first. These people are over taxed under represented and over regulated.

The UK refuses to stop being mired in tradition. The Queen and monarchy is a part of history and tradition, something that most forthright countries cast off many years ago. Australia came close, we held a referendum 10 years ago which failed. Why do they refuse to give firearms to police? Because they think it would make the traditionally unarme "Bobby Peeler" less approachable.

This style of thinking comes from a time when beat cops walked the streets in their helmets and didn't have to contend with heavily armed "yardie" gangs, meth, heroin and crack users, and a society so enamoured of getting absolutely slaughtered every Saturday night that it's a virtual free for all in city squares.

The reality is, the world is no longer a safe place. The UK police need to accept it and respond appropriately and immediately.

As for a person coming to their aid; if I were a UK police officer, considering the UK's bladed weapon in public laws, would be interested to know why he had a samurai sword immediately accessible, I'd suggest that this one should be put in the 'officer discretion' category.
    PAX IN BELLO

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links