Defensive Carry banner

Unarmed English cops saved by man with sword.Cops want to arrest savior.

7K views 41 replies 31 participants last post by  disko 
#1 ·
Weird News: Police Officers Aided by Mystery Man Wielding Samurai Sword
Tyneside Cops Surprised by Sword-bearing Bystander Who Helped Stop Robbery, Save Officer
By Wanda Leibowitz

January 11, 2007
Click to rate content Currently 4.30/5 1 2 3 4 5 4.3 out of 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A mystery man wielding a samurai sword came to the aid of two detectives last night, as the police officers faced off with a gang of thieves attempting to commit a robbery. The outnumbered, unarmed detectives were in the midst of a violent confrontation with the robbers when a mystery man came to their rescue, brandishing a 3-foot samurai sword.

The scene took place in the Laygate neighborhood of South Shields, a town in the Tyneside region of England.

The two police officers had apprehended the criminals as they were about to break in to a house, and were engaged in hand to hand combat with the gang, who wielded chains and hammers. One of the thieves suddenly pulled a knife on the police officers, apparently intending to further escalate the violence. It was at this point that the mystery man suddenly appeared.

The anonymous man ran forward, wielding a samurai sword and shouting "Leave him alone, he's a police officer!" The mystery man then charged at the criminals, slashing his samurai sword wildly back and forth, and wounding at least one of the robbers.

The surprised and disoriented gang of robbers panicked and began to disperse. The police officers were able to arrest three thieves amidst the chaos, including one whom the mystery man had trivially wounded on the arm during the samurai sword attack. The mystery man and his samurai sword disappeared as soon as the gang started to break up.

The police officers gave this description of the mystery man: Caucasian, mustachioed, in his 40s, of medium build, and height approximately 5' 10". No information, such as suspected origin or place of purchase, has been released about the samurai sword.

Although the mystery man was helping the police, local Detective Inspector Peter Bent, of South Sheilds CID, said that he did not condone the actions of the mystery man. Brent said "There is no doubt this person assisted the police," but added that "It needs to be said we cannot condone vigilantism or people running around with swords or weapons. It will be up to the Crown Prosecution Service whether they see his actions as justified or going beyond reasonable force."

The three apprehended robbers, who were aged 29, 42, and 43, have been charged with aggravated burglary. One is scheduled to stand before South Tyneside magistrates on an additional charge of attempted wounding with intent to resist arrest.

See less See more
#2 ·
Freedom For Duncan McCloud!!

A guy risks his life to save Peace Officers and they want to arrest him for doing his civic duty.

I thought I saw a handbasket today. I hope I didn't miss any road signs:spankme:

#4 ·
Sooner or later the problem will resolve its self, when all the honest folks are well protected......... You know, sitting in jail so the criminal element can't get at them!

It's really getting sad over there.

#5 ·
What's going on there is completely pathetic. They just seem completely incapable (and unwilling) to see the error of their ways.

It's more politically correct for their own detectives to be beaten with hammers, flogged with chains and stabbed to death. No wonder why the thugs are so brash over there.

I'd give the sword samaritan a medal.

#7 ·
No wonder the crime rate is so bad in England.The BG must have it made. The cops are a joke.

I read that the border patrol in Canada threatened to strike if guns were not issued. Since none of the officers carry it is going to cost a fortune to arm them.

#29 ·
Tho Only Problem...

Is that we are on the same trail...a few decades behind...

OMO

ret:tumbleweed:

#9 ·
Merry Olde England. Another one of my less favorite but more often embarked-upon rants.

"Mother Country", my eye teeth.

#10 ·
were engaged in hand to hand combat with the gang, who wielded chains and hammers. One of the thieves suddenly pulled a knife on the police officers, apparently intending to further escalate the violence
Ya know, last time I checked, you can do some really nasty stuff with a flailing chain, or either side of a hammer. I'm not sure a knife is really an escalation of violence. A little easier to control than chain, but requires you to be in closer.

They should give the guy a medal, but in a country where having a pocket knife is illegal, a sword certainly is. If I was one of the cops I'd want to know who he was so I could at least buy him a pint, or name a child after him or something.

It's really mindboggling to compare the British Empire of a century or two ago to the excuse of a country it is now.

#11 ·
I am only repeating what has been said ........ but just have to add my 2c anyways.
Brent said "There is no doubt this person assisted the police," but added that "It needs to be said we cannot condone vigilantism or people running around with swords or weapons.
Let me rewite this ........ "Brent said "There is no doubt this person assisted the police," but added that "It needs to be said that he should not have intervened, instead taking a sideline to watch as the officers were brutalized and killed." :frown:

I hope (vainly) that this statement is made so as not to encourage macho folks from thinking they can go around waving swords ........... but once more - the trend is continuing ........ three hearty cheers for the bad guys. Down with help and self defence.

#12 ·
"Caucasian, mustachioed, in his 40s, of medium build, and height approximately 5' 10". No information, such as suspected origin or place of purchase, has been released about the samurai sword."

If it just possible the good Samaritan was an Asian female, 5' 3", athletic build and they really don't want to find her but wanted to put out a warning to would be vigilantes?

Nah, probably not.

#13 ·
Let's see... the guy comes and rescues the cops, and they want to arrest him now.

Well, he made them look pathetic, helpless, incompetent, and beaten, so it's no surprise they want to find him, arrest him, silence him, and imprison him. He makes them look like the idiots that they are!

Why he helped them, I will never know. But we know one thing for sure: he never will again! By now he has surely come to understand that helping do good in England is the surest way to get yourself in official legal trouble. The authorized course of action when criminals strike in England is to let them have their way. To oppose criminals is, well, criminal.

What England needs is a bunch of dead cops.
I fear that nothing else is going to give them the severe whack-upside-the-head they need to dislodge it from their rectum.

I saw a video on YouTube recently that showed a bunch of cops getting the crap kicked out of them by hooligans outside a club. It was a laugh.

I just tried to find the video I had seen, and as you probably know, trying to go back into YouTube to find something you once saw is nearly impossible. But I found a different video of a British police car chase that you will probably find immensely entertaining.

The cops are chasing a motorist who apparently has committed some sort of threat with what they call a "samurai sword" (turns out to be some sort of very short tanto sword, about 12-15"). They try to do one of those maneuvers where they ram the side of the car to make it spin out of control. It barely succeeds, and when the guy stops, he begins to drive "Matrix-style" down the way he came, the wrong way down a major highway.

Cops pursue him back along the shoulder, backwards through traffic. Watch at the 1:55 point when the inattentive cop gets told to, "Watch the car!" by his female partner, and he ends up ramming the front end of a stopped police car!

#14 ·
Man, I bet the line to join the Police Force over there must be around the corner, out the door, and down the street.

Not.:hand5:

#15 ·
I think you guys need to go easy on the cops.

The cops knew they were in the wrong and are merely trying to lessen their embarassment.

Here's what I think: The robbers probably do this for a living. So, in other words, they are professionals.

The cops happened across the robbers who were merely plying their trade. The cops, because they have something against robbers, ruthlessly attacked them and tried to stop them from engaging in their business dealings.

The sword guy escalated the cop's violent assault on capitalism and should be punished.

GEEEEEEEEEEEEZ. I bet it won't be long before we see a Criminals Union in the UK.

#16 ·
GEEEEEEEEEEEEZ. I bet it won't be long before we see a Criminals Union in the UK.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, wait,

You know, he is probably right. :blink:

And it probably won't have to be an underground orginaziation either.

#17 ·
Nothing like this from the UK surprises me anymore. Now, if someone were to act as this sword-wielding gentleman did, and the authorities there were to treat him as a hero as deserved...that would surprise me!

#18 ·
Ya know, it used to be in British law that the man of the house had to have a bow and arrows for each person in his house capable of using them. What a change.

#19 ·
I live in London and trust me there is a huge gun, drug, prostitution and theft problems. As with any city! However we are the only country that rewards criminals. If a burglar is assaulted whilst committing an act of burglary they can file assault charges. How mad is that. England is just way to politically correct and it will not change until it is too late. Way too many idealists. For instance people want to ban hunting because it is not humane and then go and buy a steak for dinner, they don’t even stop and think how hypocritical that is or realize that an animal died for them to be fed.

#24 ·
Sounds like you're one of the few and far between on the right track over there. You need to come over here to the US. We take all the freedom loving folk we can get. Then again, at the rate we're going these days, we might not be too far behind you:rolleyes: .

#20 ·
Sadly, the US is headed in this direction as well. Innocent people loose rights and privileges, while the criminals quickly gain protection, safety from retribution, and opportunity. We laugh about this now, but at the rate our society is "advancing" (I use this term loosely, as there are those who claim we are making progress, while IMO we are regressing-loosing all that the founding fathers fought for)we too will be in this situation eventually.

#22 ·
In England it seems that they want you to stand by and let the BG go ahead and rob you or worse and the unarmed cops will come by later to investigate. Heaven help you if the BG should trip and get injured in any way. Then the BG can sue you and get the rest of your money.The BG really has it good. Mabe you should get rid of your guard dog so the BG wont have to worry about getting bit:hand1: :urla9ub: :urla9ub: . When you leave the house you can hang a "not at home" sign on the door. You don't want to disturb the BG while he plys his trade. Just think,you wont have to turn that alarm on or off any more.

#26 ·
This is just very sad, but not very surprising. I really hope we here in the U.S. are not headed down that same path. It boggles the mind.

#32 ·
The cops are often products of their training, or they are following the orders of their superiors. I bet the cops are quietly grateful, but can’t say anything publicly with ending their career.

I think that people are starting to wake up over there, well at least I am hopefully! If our present government becomes a majority, they will be able to dismantle some of the gun laws here and set the anti’s agenda back by a decade or so.

We are finding that the Internet is one of the greatest tools to fight the anti’s as it allows gun owners to communicate and to challenge the MSM monopoly on news. We also go after every article printed that spews lies and even after any online poll that is anti-firearm. One the biggest hurdles gunowners face is themselves. The Hunters put down the Black rifles and handgun owners, who put down the hunters and target shooters put down the IPSC,IPDA types, etc,etc. The anti’s exploit these divisions, so it’s up to all of us to ensure that we talk with people who have different gun hobbies and make sure that we protect each other, rather than selling ourselves off one gun at a time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.