Airport alternative weaponry

This is a discussion on Airport alternative weaponry within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Steve, You must be upset, you didn't even go back to your cage!...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airport alternative weaponry

Distinguished Member
    Steve,

You must be upset, you didn't even go back to your cage!
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Ya I am. Not to long ago a career senior military service member did just one of the "alternitive" items listed in one of these post and he was spoted by a crew member. I had no choice. Now his career is over not to mention all the other mess he in. I do not for a second doubt the intensions of the posters, but do they think folks wont notice? Do they think the folks on the other side havent thought of the exact ideas? Not to mention alot of the items on here will not end a situation. Might tick off or even hurt someone, but it will not stop. A rolled up magazine might take the fight out of a drunk person, but will do nothing but piss off a determined attacker. Not to mention that I fear "heros" more than I do a bad guy. Why? Because I wouldnt shead a tear over putting down a bad guy, but put yourself in my shoes. A hero "observes" a bad guy looking individual (and the folks that met me in Tulsa will attest that I do not LOOK like a good guy) doing something and decide to save the world and end up hurting one of us. Folks, its simple, you do not need to pack ANYTHING on board anything you travel on. There are plenty of items to use if you need to and when the time comes for you to do something, trust me, you will be asked to do it. There isnt a crew out there that wont beg for your assistance and gee the folks on Flight 93 did one hell'a job and not one took a "alternative weapon" with them or needed it. They used what was there and used them quite well.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I read somewhere that that the Sikhs were allowed to carry ceremonial DAGGERS on board aircraft (probably pre-911) as items of religious significance. If this still holds true I propose a new religious offshoot to Christianity, Our Lady of the Resurrected 45 and all CCW holders are subsequently designated PRIESTS in good standing and required to have a 45 on their person at all times!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

On a more serious note, there is the TRAVEL WRENCH: http://www.shomer-tec.com/site/produ...82C5EBA450B764
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

No Sir.....I have a flashlight cuz I am concerned about a power outage.......the dark makes me nervous. I have had one one every trip, carry one every day and it has been more useful than I can say.
    The cane? Gouty Arthritus. Inflames my foot bad with pressure changes sometimes(truth).
    Hero? Shoot, I leave the flying to the pro's. But I am not gonna be part of a muslim's bid to get into paradise if I can do something. You wait, observe and act only as an extreme last resort when you have some sort of a plan. Then you attack full force without remorse or pity. Hey they want to go to Paradise!
    But personally the adventure is when I get off at the other end and start my travelin'. I fly because it is the most convienent way to get from here to the other side of the world. 99% of the time, a plane is the safest place to be.
    The other stuff in check in bags......multitool(a most useful tool anywhere), a 3 to 3.5 inch folder(ditto), the lock and chain bit (it honestly serves to lock my bag down at the hotel when I am out and about). It would only be used otherwise in a locale that have alot of unrest and risk.
    Not to worry, Fed with a Sig, I ain't stupid and I ain't playing hero.
    My job is to get somewhere else and have fun. I ain't Jimmy Jo that things I can do you job, nor do I want to.
    The rolled up magazine bit was a distant memory shared. Not an endorsement.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links