Hide Away Knives - Page 2

Hide Away Knives

This is a discussion on Hide Away Knives within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; being that its a knife that you 'wear' like a ring, the special feature is you cant drop it very easily. So I suppose you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hide Away Knives

being that its a knife that you 'wear' like a ring, the special feature is you cant drop it very easily. So I suppose you have to stuff your fingers in there to get a good grip (mines on order, dont have it yet) but there is a video clip of someone drawing from a belt holster that looks very smooth. Ill see if I can find the link...

one link here:

http://www.hideawayknife.com/carryop...elt/IMG_31.gif

it doesnt show him draw forward but it looks like from this picture that once its past the first knuckle, its ready to go

I think I remember a better video though, Ill keep looking.

heres a good video showing it:
    http://www.hideawayknife.com/carryop...est/IMG_20.gif

looks pretty smooth...
    Last edited by MikeGoob; February 15th, 2007 at 11:17 AM.

It does not have to be "over the knuckle". In a hasty-draw, the capsule is caught before the knuckle, in a reflexive grasp. Thumb pressure (also reflexive) pushes the edge of the capsule against the knuckles. In this stage, upper-cuts and centerline gouge-slashes are the primary attacks, basically what you would go with in the FUT anyway. Given a bit of time and space, it is easily indexed to a "more secure" (relatively speaking) traditional punch-knife grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastball View Post
    Which makes me think you would be drawing with your fingertips rather than at the base of your index + middle finger.
    I have carried my HAKs in many different positions, from inside my pocket, inside a cargo pocket, behind me belt on the small of my back, and on backpacks. It becomes very natural for your fingers to slip all the way down to your knuckles without even having a thought about it. It may take a few minutes of tryinig to figure out the best position for your hand to be in, but I have never had an issue with the capsule not feeling secure on my fingers. Just my experience.
    "Its better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it"
    E Pluribus Unum

I have a question for those of you that have held a few of these--Im ordering mine with the 'cordwrap' on the handle. Does this affect the fit if you later decide to remove the wrap?

Something on the site seems to suggest that there may be a slight difference if you change it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGoob View Post
    I have a question for those of you that have held a few of these--Im ordering mine with the 'cordwrap' on the handle. Does this affect the fit if you later decide to remove the wrap?

Something on the site seems to suggest that there may be a slight difference if you change it.
    It will be looser. This is very subjective, though. I have comparatively large knuckles and thin fingers. If you have "thicker" fingers, I doubt you'll notice much.

Thanks for the intel, guys!

I'll try the video link a little later. Still only have dial up here in the sticks, so I'll click and go do something for about 20 minutes.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

its not that kind of video, its just a small animated gif not much bigger than a large photo here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links