California laws

California laws

This is a discussion on California laws within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are assisted folders such as SOG Aegis legal in Cali. The wife is dragging me to San Diego for Christmas just trying to take as ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By artb

Thread: California laws

California laws

Are assisted folders such as SOG Aegis legal in Cali. The wife is dragging me to San Diego for Christmas just trying to take as much protection as possible since I can not carry there.

Thanks
    Jeff

That would be a NO! For pocket carry I believe the buck 112 is the magic size and any assist would make it illegal! Im not sure about San Diego but the state allows only a certain size folder to be concealed or larger size knifes can be open carried. with Open carry you will attract negative attention. DR

Well crap how about a Spyderco Delica?

Spyderco Delica looks a lot like the Kershaw clone I have carried for many years.
    A good folding pocket knife and a police level pepper spray would be comforting.
    Not a lot of published specs for California authorized knives.
    dangerranger likes this.
    Endowment - Life Member NRA, Member of GOA, VFW and SAF
    "An armed society is a polite society." Robert A. Heinlein

A assisted knife is legal in CA no issues at all I mean I would carry a kill o matic but a normal pocket knife should be fine I would keep it under 3inch as I want to say some cities are more picky then the state but I would need to look .. Heck even Auto knifes are legal if they are under 2inch ...Only blastic knifes and some dirks and daggers are banned .. Article 2. Unlawful Carrying and Possession of Weapons - Sections 12020-12040 :: California Penal Code :: 2005 California Code :: California Code :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia

Also any form of taser is legal to carry the cop ones included .. OC spray is ok too as long as it is under 2oz it dont matter the kind ..

Not a lawyer.. Me I would ask on CALGUNS they would tell you ext case law
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Thanks WR just posted there

Now you see why I have another reason for not going to Ca. According to family the bay area is real picky what kind of knife you have and some areas no pepper spray.

Sponsored Links