training video?

training video?

This is a discussion on training video? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ok so i've decided that i want to look into a knife fighting training video but i have run into a problem...my new carry knife ...

Thread: training video?

training video?

ok so i've decided that i want to look into a knife fighting training video but i have run into a problem...my new carry knife is a Kabar TDI and i plan to use it in a reverse(ice pick) grip. Im not sure if any convential videos would help with this. does anyone have any ideas?

i was thinking of the reverse edge methods video by ShivWorks but Im not sure about that one either.
    Guns don't kill people, Husbands that come home early kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. orange View Post
    ok so i've decided that i want to look into a knife fighting training video but i have run into a problem...my new carry knife is a Kabar TDI and i plan to use it in a reverse(ice pick) grip. Im not sure if any convential videos would help with this. does anyone have any ideas?

i was thinking of the reverse edge methods video by ShivWorks but Im not sure about that one either.
    The Reverse Edge Methods (vol. I & II) from ShivWorks are awesome, I highly recommend them. However, the method that is taught in those videos is geared toward the reverse-grip, edge-in OR forward-grip, edge-up methods of holding a knife. This material would not be very applicable to the use of a TDI with it's kerambit-like shape.

My recommendation would be to take a look at some of Kelly Worden's material. He has a couple of training DVD's for his Travel-Wrench Impace Kerambit that would translate well to the TDI (he also covers some empty-hand, stick-work, and basic foot-work as well). I have both and have been very pleased with them and as I said, the material on these DVD's would work well with your TDI.

Also, I believe that Jim Keating's "Drawpoint" system also focuses on reverse grip. Someone with some personal experience could probably clarify this (*paging Brownie* )
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

thanks for the info, i'll have to give those a once over.
    Guns don't kill people, Husbands that come home early kill people.

Sponsored Links