Defensive Carry banner

training video?

959 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mr. orange 
#1 ·
ok so i've decided that i want to look into a knife fighting training video but i have run into a problem...my new carry knife is a Kabar TDI and i plan to use it in a reverse(ice pick) grip. Im not sure if any convential videos would help with this. does anyone have any ideas?

i was thinking of the reverse edge methods video by ShivWorks but Im not sure about that one either.

#2 ·
The Reverse Edge Methods (vol. I & II) from ShivWorks are awesome, I highly recommend them. However, the method that is taught in those videos is geared toward the reverse-grip, edge-in OR forward-grip, edge-up methods of holding a knife. This material would not be very applicable to the use of a TDI with it's kerambit-like shape.

My recommendation would be to take a look at some of Kelly Worden's material. He has a couple of training DVD's for his Travel-Wrench Impace Kerambit that would translate well to the TDI (he also covers some empty-hand, stick-work, and basic foot-work as well). I have both and have been very pleased with them and as I said, the material on these DVD's would work well with your TDI.

Also, I believe that Jim Keating's "Drawpoint" system also focuses on reverse grip. Someone with some personal experience could probably clarify this (*paging Brownie* :biggrin2: )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.