Spyderco or CKRT

This is a discussion on Spyderco or CKRT within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; buckeye07, I do not think that you will be sorry one little bit with your decision!! In fact I am a bit jealous as I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spyderco or CKRT

buckeye07, I do not think that you will be sorry one little bit with your decision!! In fact I am a bit jealous as I still want to get one of the Delica Wave's. I do also think that you will be happier with the Delica size than the Endura. The Delica just disappears in your pocket until you need it!
    The G2 is also a GREAT light for the money. It is awesome bright!!
    You are going to be very happy with both of them! In fact, if you are not happy with the Delica, let me know and I will buy it from you. But I am pretty sure that that is not going to be the case!! I already have a G2.

Ron
    Last edited by ront; February 16th, 2007 at 02:05 PM.
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

2. Remove Ads

Yeah 0.02, that thread was part of my decision, so thanks for starting it. It just seems like on more thing that could go wrong. KISS is always a good idea. I don't have the most dangerous job in the world, but it isn't always the safest, and since I can't carry there, these items will make me feel a bit more at ease (Not that I would ever use a knife in the bar for defense unless things were so SNAFU that I really thought I was about to die and nothin else was gonna stop it). But even for the walk home afterwards I'll feel better with them close at hand.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

hso
    I've got both Spyderco and CRKT knives. At the same price as the M16 I'd advise getting the Spyderco Delica or Endura. Nothing taken away form Kit, but the difference in the steel is enough reason to go with the Spyderco. You'll also find the ability to change carry positions to be handy also.

Spyderco...

Both the Endura and Delica are great, which one depends on what size you're looking for. Just make sure to get a waved model.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

The Wal Mart near me had the M16 with Aus4 steele and a zytel(?) plastic body for ~$20. Cuts like the dickens, stabs intot he phone book ~200 pages (so I hope my assailant isn't wearing 300 page thick yellowpages armor :-0) and inexpensive enough for me to decide if I like it.

The verdict ...
    Go with the Spyderco. How's that for a switchup? The ability to position the clip 4 ways is what would make the difference for me. I like the CKRT but the clip is on the wrong side for weak hand carry and man does it gouge out and just beg to get caught on something.

for ~$20, a GREAT knife. It's going in my BOBag but it's not comfortable enough or accesible enough (FOR ME) to carry it for long. I'll look at the Spyderco Delica 4th witht he Wave feature next.
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

I have about 6 Spydercos and I have consistently found them to be better than any other comercial folder. I like them better than any Benchmade, CRKT, or Buck folder.
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I think he made a wise choice for the budget he was working off of. Amazing to find a college age kid who actually listens, LOL.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye07 View Post
    They also had Surefire G-2's for about the lowest I have seen $31.50, so I got one of those too. Hopefully these two items will last me a while for both the knife and light section, so I don't have to worry about buying new ones in the next couple years. Thanks for all the input from everyone.
    I'm glad you decided to get yourself a good light too.

Now if everybody else will...I can not stress the importance of the flashlight enough. Sooner or later...EVERYBODY will understand what I'm talking about.

EVERYBODY...... Get yourself a flashlight!

Every Christmas I know whats gonna be in my stocking, as my dad says: "Knives and Flashlights, you can never have too many knives and flashlights."

According to the UPS tracking website they should be here tommorow (or later today, sorry, just got off work). So I am rather excited about it. Thanks everyone for all the input and advice, I am listening, despite being a know-it-all college kid.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

I am looking forward to your thoughts.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

I'll wait in silence till you get your toys, LOL. On the flashlight issue, folks shouldnt forget the Photon lights. There pretty cheap and the Photon IIs are what I have all over and they will light up a building. I remember once in Kosovo, the power in the chow hall went out on one of the few times I was on the main base there. It went totally dark, so I pulled out my Photon II turned it on and about 150 troops ate dinner by the Photon light (gee that even rymes). Good luck on the knife and dont watch it the last day or you'll drive yourself nuts waiting.
    Steve

Well, the brown truck of happiness just showed up and left me a present.

Initial impression is that I am going to keep both items around for a while. The Surefire is bright (maybe I'll look into the 120 lumens bulb too), and easy to get a good grip on. Not too heavy either so carrying it around all day won't be a pain. As far as those Photon lights Fed, do you mean these things? http://www.karstsports.com/04353.html
    That is all I really found when I googled them, I already have something similar on my keychain that I has come in handy many many times over the years.

The Delica is great too, has a really sharp blade right out of the box, sharp enough to shave arm hair with. I definately think that the choice to go with the normal Spyderco handles was a good one. Now I have to decide how I want to carry it, and work on getting that wave function down without destroying too many of my jeans. I also like how New Graham sends a small pack of Band-Aids that says "You'll need them" on it (But hopefully I don't )

Thanks again everyone for your input. Unfortunately I don't keep a several hundred dollar digital camera up here, so I don't have pics to show off with.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Glad you are happy. With the Surefire, just wait until tonight when your eyes are night adjusted. It is bright as it is!
    I have way too many of those band-Aid boxes in my drawer . Spyderco knives are probably some of the sharpest knives out of the box of anyone. I keep trying to duplicate it and so far, I have gotten close but not quite there.
    I have heard that with the Wave knife that it is somewhat easy to put holes in your pants. I have one handled one once and it worked great!!

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Yes those are the lights I was refering to. I should'a bought stock as I've purchased around 50 of them since I took my first one to Kosovo in 2000. I give them as presents to everyone I (personally) know for their birthdays.

I carry my knife either tucked into my waist band at the 1:30 position or in my pocket on strong side. The WAVE feature works best from the pocket but does also work from the waist band (just be real careful).

Good luck with them suckers and I think you'll love them a "long time GI".
    Steve

Great choices, both of them. My 1st surefire was a G2. I traded it and a knife I got for free for an A2 Aviator. I also have the E1L Outdoorsman. I've got my friends and family hooked on SPydercos and Surefires.
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links