The lost knife thread

The lost knife thread

This is a discussion on The lost knife thread within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well some of you may know I've recently got a kershaw leek. Well that left me with a ka bar dozier to find a new ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: The lost knife thread

The lost knife thread

Well some of you may know I've recently got a kershaw leek. Well that left me with a ka bar dozier to find a new use for. Thus the ka bar became my work knife. Well thanks to rules and regulations at my job I had to have it just floating in my pocket.

So I believe while doing errands with my wife after work. My keys caught the dozier and pulled it out of my pocket. I, not realizing this am down a ka bar dozier, in need of a new work only knife and am up one economical lesson.

What is you're lost knife story?

Distinguished Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    There ain't a knife been made that I can't lose! Honestly, I've been lucky, I rarely lose a knife, but it has happened. Most of my daily carry pocket knives are $20.00 Bucks and such. I'm saving up to get an expensive one before I start losing 'em!
    gloves12 and buckfynn like this.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

I lost a knife for a couple weeks. The knife was missing long enough for me to order another one.
    I kept my Ken Onion Blur clipped to my rear pocket. It was Winter or close to it, so I was rotating between two jackets depending on the temp. Somehow I managed to clip my knife to the strap on the one jacket. It was one of those jackets with two straps to tighten or loosen the waist.
    One day I was sitting on the chair in the porch, putting my shoes on and happened to look up at the coat rack and there it was, dangling from that strap. I can only hope I had been wearing the heavier jacket by that time and not the one with a knife dangling from it...
    gloves12 likes this.

Lost two Swiss Army Pioneers. The first was after going two out of three falls with Jim Beam, (I lost). The second is somewhere under one of the rides at Cedar Point. Third's the charm, I've had it for 20+ years so far, but I don't get out much these days.
    Never argue with an idiot in public. People passing by won't know which one of you is the idiot.

Lost a really nice Schrade I used for working a long time ago. Was depressing at the time. I had used it for many years before loosing it.
    manolito likes this.
    Work for a cause, Not for applause. Live life to express, Not to impress. Don't strive to make your presence noticed, Just make your absence felt"

I've never lost a knife but I have had two different Buck knives stolen on two different occasions when I was a teen. First one was during gym class. I had a nice little Buck companion that someone stole out of my locker. It had to be someone who knew me well as I always put the little guy in my shoes so I wouldn't lose it.

Second one was same year. We were stating with my grand parents and was going on a church activity. We were loading up teens at my grandparents (their house was on church property as grandfather was the pastor). One of the teen guys at the very last minute had to run in and do something. That evening when we got home my Buck 110 was gone. I knew what happened but had no proof. I can't stand thieves.

Out of college I used to ride my bike 10miles to work everyday. One day my CRKT M-16 fell out of my pocket somewhere along the way. It had custom ebony scales I had made to replace the plastic. C'est la vie

Anyway I just got a new Otanashi Noh Ken and I'm not gonna let this puppy slip away.

Every time I want to pick up a nice "expensive" knife I don't because I lose a pocket knife about once every 18 months. It's always at work and it might be because I am in and out of my car about 25 times a day, one stop its there and a few stops it's gone. I am thinking a fixed blade in a good holster might be the answer.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Distinguished Member
    Bench made griptillian.jpg

The bottom one is my everyday carry. I lost it in the snow cutting open bales of hay and was sick over it. I am one of those that gets attached to an inanimate object I don't know why. I ordered another one and just as I was going to put it into service we had a thaw and there was my old girl so the new one resides in the holster drawer for now.
    v1k1ng0, 357and40 and Eric357 like this.

Lost my Kershaw 3880 Thermite Folding Knife at work a few months back :(. Not an expensive knife, but it was mine and I hate losing anything out of my collection.

Well, not actually "lost", but I got a great deal on a Browning folder from Midway last year. I showed it to the wife and she put in in her purse(!)
    I bought 3 more and the stepson and stepdaughter liked them, leaving me 1. A co-worker lost his...so...

I gotta get a knife!
    357and40 and Eric357 like this.
    If you can't write your idea on the back of a matchbook cover, you don't have a clear idea - unknown
    Never mistake activity for achievement - John Wooden
    Glock G26, G22, G42, G43, G19, Ruger SR22, GP100, Sig Sauer P238, Colt O1991, Browning Hi-Power, Barnes BP-15,

So I had a CRKT M16-10KZ. It was the one I carried daily. I got home from work and I remember it was clipped to my pocket before I left work... It wasn't there... I went into the office and searched high & low. I searched my car... No luck...

I ordered a Gerber 06 FAST Tanto to replace it... The day after the Gerber arrived from Amazon I was driving & had to nail the brakes & the CRKT came sliding out from under the seat... My wife is convinced I lost it on purpose...
    CIBMike and Eric357 like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    My wife is convinced I lost it on purpose...
    Your secret is safe with us.
    357and40 and Eric357 like this.
    If you can't write your idea on the back of a matchbook cover, you don't have a clear idea - unknown
    Never mistake activity for achievement - John Wooden
    Glock G26, G22, G42, G43, G19, Ruger SR22, GP100, Sig Sauer P238, Colt O1991, Browning Hi-Power, Barnes BP-15,

Received a sweet custom folder for a birthday gift. Was deer hunting with it floating in my pants pocket. Started the day with it. Ended the day without it. Never saw it again.

I actually hung a gerber parabellum from a nub of a small tree while I was cutting some cord to repair a shoe lace and just walked off and left it.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links