Went to the gun show and...

This is a discussion on Went to the gun show and... within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bought a couple knives As I mentioned, there are two gun shows I was looking forward to going to on back to back weekends. Today ...

Like Tree19Likes
  • 8 Post By PAcanis
  • 2 Post By Blades
  • 1 Post By buckeye .45
  • 1 Post By welder516
  • 1 Post By 1MoreGoodGuy
  • 3 Post By PAcanis
  • 1 Post By rugergunner
  • 1 Post By Norm66
  • 1 Post By Rabbit212

Thread: Went to the gun show and...

Bought a couple knives

As I mentioned, there are two gun shows I was looking forward to going to on back to back weekends. Today was the first one.
    Along with the same guys trying to sell the same guns, there was this guy in the outer ring that had about fifty knives laid out on a piece of hide. First time I've seen him at one of the shows. He said he lived about two hours east, which would put him past Buffalo, or south of it anyway. He makes his own knives and the sheaths, too.
    It was all I could do to leave with just two.

I usually don't go for colored woods... not usually anyway, but the green knife and sheath was the one that caught my eye first. I kept coming back to it, so it had to go home with me, too. It's really well balanced and the thin grip feels like it was personally made for my hand. I'll be making an IWB kydex sheath for this one. You can barely make out is name on the blades, M (Mark) Hasard.

This one was one of his new designs he said. Nice and stout feeling with the ironwood scales and 3/16" blade. I like the looks of the sheath, too.
    On the back of the sheath is the steel used, his initials and the last two digits of the year.

And I know I'll get asked, the top knife had a price of 125 on it and the bottom knife 135. He offered ten bucks off as I was looking. I paid 220 for both. The quality is every bit the equal of the Bark River I recently got and they are guaranteed for life.
    I should have asked if he has a store. I know he doesn't have a website yet. I have no idea how he's selling these unless it's just through the shows.

Pretty happy with my day at the gun show. Took all of an hour.

Nice knives. 1095 is a very good steel. Enjoy them.
    PAcanis and gatorbait51 like this.
    --Jason--

Senior Moderator
    Those are pretty. I really like the way the green handled one looks as well. It just has a nice geometry to it.
    PAcanis likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    Love the look on both of those , congrats on you buy and find .
    PAcanis likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Geometry. Good word, Buckeye.
    The way it tapers down so much where it's gripped between the heel of your hand and your little fingers is incredible. The whole feel of the knife in hand is incredible.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Bought a couple knives

As I mentioned, there are two gun shows I was looking forward to going to on back to back weekends. Today was the first one.
    Along with the same guys trying to sell the same guns, there was this guy in the outer ring that had about fifty knives laid out on a piece of hide. First time I've seen him at one of the shows. He said he lived about two hours east, which would put him past Buffalo, or south of it anyway. He makes his own knives and the sheaths, too.
    It was all I could do to leave with just two.

I usually don't go for colored woods... not usually anyway, but the green knife and sheath was the one that caught my eye first. I kept coming back to it, so it had to go home with me, too. It's really well balanced and the thin grip feels like it was personally made for my hand. I'll be making an IWB kydex sheath for this one. You can barely make out is name on the blades, M (Mark) Hasard.

This one was one of his new designs he said. Nice and stout feeling with the ironwood scales and 3/16" blade. I like the looks of the sheath, too.
    On the back of the sheath is the steel used, his initials and the last two digits of the year.

And I know I'll get asked, the top knife had a price of 125 on it and the bottom knife 135. He offered ten bucks off as I was looking. I paid 220 for both. The quality is every bit the equal of the Bark River I recently got and they are guaranteed for life.
    I should have asked if he has a store. I know he doesn't have a website yet. I have no idea how he's selling these unless it's just through the shows.

Pretty happy with my day at the gun show. Took all of an hour.
    "Went to the gun show" and you bought that???

You bought the wrong ones.

Send both of them to me immediately and go back to the gun show and try again.

Very nice knives.
    PAcanis likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    "Went to the gun show" and you bought that???

You bought the wrong ones.

Send both of them to me immediately and go back to the gun show and try again.

Very nice knives.
    You're right. I feel so cheated now.
    Not even any good jerky.
    Nothing but these two lowly knives.

They're yours... send me your address and I will try harder next time...

You goober you, lol.

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Very nice, especially the one with the green handle.
    PAcanis likes this.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Very nice!
    PAcanis likes this.

Going to the gun show in Corpus tomorrow looking to score some reloading supplies but wouldn't turn away from a quality knife.
    PAcanis likes this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links