Tactical Knife Registration

This is a discussion on Tactical Knife Registration within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seems another asshat wants to push some legislation to make the sheeple feel safer. He wants to have a registration program for so-called "tactical" knives. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Knife Registration

Seems another asshat wants to push some legislation to make the sheeple feel safer. He wants to have a registration program for so-called "tactical" knives.

Why? Because tactical knives are scary looking with scary features. Nevermind the fact that the 8" Chef's knife has a bigger blade or the 10" Bread knife has a serrated edge that can slice through an ice block.
    NRA, GOA, SAF, JFPO

كافر | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ | WOLVERINES!

VIP Member
    This actually seems like a good idea to me... Not the actual registration, of course, but the fact that this idiot will expose just how inane, controlling, and completely detached from reality the "grabbers" are.

We are focused, rightly, on protecting our guns. Proposals like this, however, might show just one or two sheep that it is not just guns that some people want to ban, register, tax to death, or otherwise take away from the People - it is whatever they, personally, don't like. Next it will be pianos, because piano wire is the preferred "assault garrote" of hit men everywhere...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

morons...might as well ban frying-pans, 2x4's and bricks while they're at it...
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    I'm looking for the day when they want to ban rocks, I would love to hear the arguements on that one.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    I'm looking for the day when they want to ban rocks, I would love to hear the arguements on that one.

If they did that, what would they use in place of a true brain to come up with further ideas like this?

You gotta have rocks in your head to think of something so incredibly stupid.

Anything further I might say about this guy could cause me lots of trouble, suffice it to say.

edit: Ohhhhh! It's that guy! Did you folks know that the article at that link actually ran in the Wall Street Journal?! (It did. I even clipped it.)

I watched for any letters to the editor to appear condemning the utter irrationality of it, but I never saw one. (Of course, there were plenty of days when I missed seeing that paper and such a letter could well have appeared on one of those days.)

Some discussion surrounded it on another board, and it was said that while the editorial content of WSJ is pretty conservative/libertarian, the news content often shows a lefty slant.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Well, the would run into one major logic problem. The whole idea of their definition of 'separation of church and state' would have to change, because to truely ban rocks the would have to be God. And in a country where religion and government aren't supposed to exist in the same sphere of influence, well the arguement would just be fun to have with them.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Lead Moderator
    All I can say is that we are fast becoming a nation of idiots!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

im a little freaked out...

i just bought a new car, and its equipped with a concealed weapon!! it must be a mistake on the part of the dealer... its a nice modification though.

ill describe it- its this long steel baton-like thing, with a kind of bell on the end and a slight curve. it even comes with this nice little clamp and attached holder, professionally welded into place and painted in perfect color coordination.

the car salesman told me its something he calls a "tire iron" *wink wink* yeah, right....im just a little paranoid about being pulled over, given the way things are going with the rocks, and stuff....

maybe i should register this thing or something!!

sarcasm!

It just goes to show that a political ban on thinking is proceeding to schedule. If they take away your mind first then they can take everything else with out any resistance. We should stop calling them sheeple as most have more in common with the lemming.
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

VIP Member
    I'd hate to see the look on that guy's face when he sees my Close Quarters Defense Special Operations Trainer Mark II MOD. It's got a menacing black blade, no-slip grip, skull-crushing glass breaker, and quick-opening-action thumb stud and locking device to ensure my blade can kill cardboard boxes swiftly and effectively.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

He'd probably be far less pleased to know that I would actually be happier carrying something akin to a paring knife. Economical, replaceable, lends itself well to forward/reverse/edge-in/edge-out.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I would actually like to see the attempt on this. Because Knives don't have serial numbers on them. Plus it adds another COOL letter to BATFE they woudl now be BATFEK or they could try EAT BFK And it would be interesting to see how they try to register them, knock down the door with Tactical Samuris because if BAT FEK really wanted to make it some what fair they would have to match force on force. So if they are looking for a emerson they would have to dress like Ninjas with chain mail as they're protection.

Please note my sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan223 View Post
    Seems another asshat wants to push some legislation to make the sheeple feel safer. He wants to have a registration program for so-called "tactical" knives.

Why? Because tactical knives are scary looking with scary features. Nevermind the fact that the 8" Chef's knife has a bigger blade or the 10" Bread knife has a serrated edge that can slice through an ice block.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I remember a class I once attended many moons ago on Okinawa by a fella in the 1/1st SFG(A). The things we were taught to do with tire irons and screwdrivers would make a liberal nuts. However....liberals want to feel secure that they can tell us what to do and make us do it by force and not allow us to stop them with nasty things such as guns and knives. Whats next.....my hand made longbow?
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    [QUOTE=my hand made longbow?[/QUOTE]

Yes!!!! and your Mcdonalds Straw that can shoot Peas....
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    I would actually like to see the attempt on this.
    Don't laugh- go to GB and walk around with a Spyderco clip showing from your pocket. See how long you amble about unmolested by the Bobbies. IOW, if you don't have your knife-card, you better not be carrying a knife. Of course, it won't be long before the realization that there is no reason for people to have "types" of knives at all.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links