Are the Chinese CRKT knives good quality?

This is a discussion on Are the Chinese CRKT knives good quality? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Right now I carry a Kershaw Sleek it is a great knife but I am looking to upgrade. I found a really nice CRKT knife ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By OlCop
  • 1 Post By Rockymonster
  • 1 Post By wellpoison

Thread: Are the Chinese CRKT knives good quality?

Right now I carry a Kershaw Sleek it is a great knife but I am looking to upgrade. I found a really nice CRKT knife priced at $69 I really liked the looks and feel but it was made in China, that was my big turn off. I have no experience with this brand, I know there are other brands out there but I liked the looks and feel of this knife so I figured I would see if it is worth trying out. I'm sorry that i cant remember the design name. Is this a good solid brand or should I look at something else?

I have carried the M16-13Z and M16-14 for several years and they are both top quality. The blades hold an edge well and the autolawks feature is great. The Carson flipper makes mine extremely fast to open.
    AmmoFan01 likes this.
    I wont be wronged, I wont be insulted, and I wont be laid a hand on. I dont do these things to other people and I require the same from them. John Wayne - The Shootist

What model CRKT knife? They make some good knives.
    --Jason--

Sorry, I can't remember the model.

CRKT makes some decent products. Innovative, useful, durable.... I have several, and while I EDC a Benchmade, I like the CRKT lineup. Check out their website and look at their fixed blade and special duty knives.
    AmmoFan01 likes this.
    "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Lewis

for me its all about the steel. i carry an 8cr13mov kershaw i payed less then 25 bucks for. it fits my needs perfectly. i dont carry high dollar knifes because im too afraid to use and abuse them. i look at spyderco's value line up all the time but i cant justify spending 40-60 on a knife with the same blade steel as one i payed 25 for.
    AmmoFan01 likes this.

It's probably a good knife, but I'm sure there is an American made equivalent!

Sent from my  6+

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links