New EDC - Sog Twitch XL

This is a discussion on New EDC - Sog Twitch XL within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well you can do any of the following. 1. Read the origional posting about their behavior as written in the GovExec online magazine (I'll make ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New EDC - Sog Twitch XL

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Well you can do any of the following.

1. Read the origional posting about their behavior as written in the GovExec online magazine (I'll make it easy a post the link here). http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/1105/111105lb.htm. Or you can read the Department of Justice's very own press release at http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2005/Oct...5_crt_579.html. Or you can read the Criminal Court Complaint (#CV5-1800) at http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/emp/documen...tesogcomp1.pdf, or you can read the Federal Court Decree concerning the case at http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/emp/documents/whitesogcd.pdf.

2. You can contact the Department of Justice and request a Freedom of Information act concerning the US vs S.O.G. Speciality Knives.

3. Contact S.O.G. themselves and if they hold to their past practices they will decline to comment and or deny any wrong doing (as they did right after they left the court house where they pled guilty and admitted to a federal judge that they were wrong.

If the listed links appear to be overkill....one thing I hate after over 25 years of serving my country in the military, civilian law enforcement and federal law enforcement is having my word questioned. To make a post such as I did disparing a company that has a history and reputation that they DID is not taken lightly. Ultimatly it is up to you where you spend your money. As for me (and all the folks on my team) SOG wont get a penny ever again.

One final comment (and re-edit). The court documents hold that Mr. Scott Sherwood a senior member of the managment team at SOG when informed that his actions violated the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) stated (they quote is the courts not mine) "I don't know anything about USERRA, nor do I care about it." Now that sounds like a company that respects and supports the military. WHOOAH!

Soldiers and dogs stay off the grass.
    Last edited by fed_wif_a_sig; March 15th, 2007 at 04:32 PM.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

2. Remove Ads

I was not aware of SOG's utter disregard for reservists. Maybe I had my head under a rock or was late-coming to the information, but I am glad I know this now. I was considering purchasing some of their knives. Not now! Thanks.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I allways considered sog overpriced so never owned one , now i am glad lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links