New EDC - Sog Twitch XL

This is a discussion on New EDC - Sog Twitch XL within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my new knife in the mail today, a Sog Twitch XL with plain blade and graphite aluminum handle. It took me a few ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New EDC - Sog Twitch XL

New EDC - Sog Twitch XL

I got my new knife in the mail today, a Sog Twitch XL with plain blade and graphite aluminum handle.
    It took me a few days of deliberation to choose this one over the Sog Trident that was also on my shortlist. It took me approximately 30 seconds once it was in my hand to realize I made a good choice.

Opens very fast and feels absolutely solid. The flipper that doubles as a bladeguard is a great feature, and the best bit?
    It is MADE IN THE USA.
    $47.95 from Sawyer's Cutlery via eBay.

Time to give my CRKT M21 a rest and clip the Sog on my pocket.

2. Remove Ads

Looks nice. Can you swap the clip from one side to the other? I've got a Kershaw Mini-Cyclone that I really like (it has a similar flipper/blade guard) but the clip isn't really set up for weak side carry.

Yes the clip swaps sides but not ends.
    Also has a lanyard hole and a lock so it can't open in the pocket, not sure it would though.
    The build quality is awesome. I already have a Sog multitool and am very happy with that, I think I'll be buying a few more Sog knives.

Assistant Administrator
    No disrespect to a fine knife but - some ways back, didn't we discuss some rather negative press on SOG? Maybe something to do with them not supporting our boys in the sand box?

Like the look of that tho - certainly looks like a real quicky for opening. My Kershaw opens fast but - it can and does part-open in the pocket sometimes - ouch!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I'll have to research that, thanks for the heads up. I find it surprising though as i thought Sog knives was set up by a VietNam vet. Could be very wrong though, have been before.

Assistant Administrator
    I don't want to cast bad vibes unfairly and at my age and memory - I could be wrong!
    Chris - P95

P95, you aren't wrong, there was some discussion of it on here.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=16506

Look for Fed's comments in that thread.

0.02 nice looking knife, but for my own reasons I wouldn't buy a SOG knife. Don't mean to hijack ur thread or anything with that, but since y'all brought it up, I thought I'd point ya in the right direction.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

No threadjack apology necessary, we were already onto that topic.

I did not know that information.

I will however continue to carry the knife.

It's a tough call but I am sure it was an error on Sog's behalf and they have since regretted it.

And as I said before... MADE IN THE USA counts for a lot in my book, especially now CRKT are making knives in China.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Error? To intentionally fire someone who gets mobilized, refuse to mediate with the Department of Labor, refuse to return his job and utilmatily once the grand jury indicts and you realize your about to be criminally charged to cut a plea bargin....ya I call that an error.

I dont care if he is a Vietnam vet....what you did is behind you, what you do speaks volumes. Hell even John Kerry was a Vietnam vet.

Sorry. I sent back all mine to the company broken and whatever feelings I had for the company have now been formed.

Oh btw the company president has been given chance after chance to appologize and set the record strait....his response. He refuses.

Enjoy your knife, but as for me and my money, they'll go to Ernest Emerson or Sal Glasser.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I didn't realize the implications of buying a Sog were so negative.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Did they contact you regarding the broken knives you sent them?

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    My first reaction when I heard the news during a daily brief at the P'gon was shock (as was the reaction of much of the room). I personally wrote the company pres a letter and he did not respond. Once I contacted VA OIG and found out it was in fact a richious case, I broke the blades off each of my SOG's and packed them in a box and mailed them back stating why. It was return recipt and so I know they received it but again they did not respond. Part of their "plea agreement" was that they could still apply for govt contracts. The company president was approached at last years SHOT show and offered a chance to set the record strait and he refused. Their decision but its also mine to not support and to stand up on a soap box anytime their name comes up, including magazines that take their advertisement dollars or write up nice words about thier knives. I've seen quite a few good blades with their names on them get broke and thrown into trash piles by operators once they learn of the companys actions. Maybe some day the managment will step up to the plate and actually 1) appologize to the community that gave them their company 2)publically admit their wrong-doing.

Ok enough sad stuff. I'll go back to my cage.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I was actually shopping for a twitch when I read this.
    I am certain it is a good product. But, you are right sir, unless we say no, they will continue with unethical busness practices.
    Paypal for example, is anti-weapon/anti-gun. I rufuse to use them.

Thank you for posting.

Wow, thats too bad about SOG. They were very supportive during the first Gulf action. Looks like a cool knife however. I have a couple of their knives and think highly of them.
    "The best compliment to the Warrior is that others feel safe while you are around." I would add especially if they REALLY ARE safe when you are around.

I first read of SOG's alleged behavior in a "spirited" posting on another board. I say alleged because, other than the original post, I could never independently verify the details of the situation. The allegation against SOG, if true, is serious indeed at any time but particularly now. If the allegation is just that, and can't be backed up with details - then I tend to disregard them. The net is full of disgruntled people using the net to "tar and feather" someone they don't like or whom they fell has mistreated them.

Until I get some substantiated details then I tend to disregard the allegations. Anyone here have some solid information on the matter?
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Assistant Administrator
    dairycreek - you perhaps need to read fed_wif_a_sig's post on this, on CC.

I cannot give a link but maybe a search on SOG etc linked with his username may bring it up for you.

Dang - well, one of his posts was on this thread!!
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...4&postcount=11

I think tho he did post about it on another thread some while back as well.
    Chris - P95

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links