New EDC Ronin

This is a discussion on New EDC Ronin within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; These look odd but they are EXTREMELY effective defensive knives. Mike Janich designed these with Mike Snody. Spyderco makes them. They have a wicked edge ...

Thread: New EDC Ronin

New EDC Ronin

These look odd but they are EXTREMELY effective defensive knives. Mike Janich designed these with Mike Snody. Spyderco makes them. They have a wicked edge geometry that leaves a deep cut with modest pressure. The straight edge ensures that pressure stays on the cutting edge throughout the cutting stroke. The blade shape allows you to index the knife tip in-line with your entire forearm and index the knife edge very well with your thumb.
    Attached Images
    When it's time to stomp cockroaches, you don't want to be wearing your fuzzy bunny slippers.

2. Remove Ads

It carrys well inside the waistband (IWB) using a length of parachute cord to keep it from dropping down the pants leg.
    Attached Images
    When it's time to stomp cockroaches, you don't want to be wearing your fuzzy bunny slippers.

With the cord around my belt, it can ride IWB so it's easily accessible. For example if I'm wearing a cover garment or driving my car.
    Attached Images

Or, it can ride low enough that even my knife and gun nut friends don't spot it . . . especially if it tucks below the beer gut or is covered by a slightly bloused shirt.
    Attached Images

The paracord allows the sheath angle to be very flexible while I'm wearing the knife. I can draw with my off-hand into a reverse grip easily.
    Attached Images

Nice review, thanks.
    That does indeed seem to be a well designed 'getoffme' blade.

Dan

I have one and love it.

I need to get a sheath made for it though. The factory sheath sucks.

I keep it in my dresser drawer for my "Oh Sh#t there's someone in my bathroom" contingency.

Links