HAK

This is a discussion on HAK within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ive gotten 2 HAKs in the last few months. A utility and a claw. I would advise anyone to look in the "available now" section ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HAK

Ive gotten 2 HAKs in the last few months. A utility and a claw.

I would advise anyone to look in the "available now" section to keep from having to wait what could be a year or so for your knife. I was lucky and found they had a claw in my size. Utility HAKs are pretty common in every size, but again, you have to pick them out of the available now, if you dont you have to wait while they make you a new one from scratch.

These are great knives, the clip option (bro clip) can be reversed as to allow you to put the entire sheath inside a belt loop, and it grips it with the teeth/clamp so it cant come loose.

It doesnt look like a knife and is very easy to whip out if need be.

Because of the natural punching motion these really feel good and can do a lot of damage. Also i cant see how someone could disarm you very easily.

2. Remove Ads

Just wanted to add that I paracord wrapped my HAK yesterday. Even my fumble fingers could do it in under five minutes. As I expected, it made the knife fit me even more comfortable. I'm still carrying it around my neck. I've used it a couple of times to open packages, etc. This item is, as my grand dad used to say, "handy as a pocket on a shirt."
    What Would Gumby Do?

I didnt expect to like the paracord wrapping as much as I do. It really feels nice and it is easy to do!

Ive got a Claw made of the S30V steel which I para cord wrapped over the wrap it came with. Very comfortable, and dang near impossable to be dis-armed. Im waiting now for a satin Hybrid I ordered months ago. Ive carried my Claw every day since it arrived. Great Knife!
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my Dog"

I'm hoping mine will arrive soon, seem to be stuck in their shipping dept.
    My DOT has not moved in several weeks now.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I've noticed that the specialty ones, made out of S30V, seem to take quite a bit longer. I know quite a bit more work goes into them then the utility models made out of 440c stainless.

I "may" end up buying one of the "nice" ones, but I couldn't see spending $150-250 on an everyday knife.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links