HAK

This is a discussion on HAK within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Hideaway Utility knife just arrived Saturday! They are at www.hideawayknife.com . I ordered it after seeing people discussing it here. I can't recall how ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HAK

HAK

My Hideaway Utility knife just arrived Saturday! They are at www.hideawayknife.com. I ordered it after seeing people discussing it here. I can't recall how long ago it was that I ordered it, to tell the truth-months? At any rate, I'm impressed, it is worth the money. One look and I can see this is not some stamped-up piece of a blade, which is what I thought when I first saw one. Wish I had the green for a really dressy one (Ice on Mars color/design is beautiful), but this one will more than do. It is spooky sharp. The adhesive bandage that comes with it is only half a joke...and I think I get the Lifesaver candy joke,too.
    This is not just some down-sized LaGriffe. Tiny details in this knife's design-even the position of the little "bumps" at the back of the "finger capsule" play greatly into the "use-ability" (is that a word?) of the knife. I will wind up using this more than any pocket knife I've carried, I bet. I'll do a cord wrap and start experimenting with carry methods, but it hangs around my neck all the time until then.
    Thanks to the guys here who harped about this item, it's money well invested, and I'm not even a "knife guy."
    What Would Gumby Do?

2. Remove Ads

Man,I want one so bad.I just hate to order one without handling it first,I don't know of anybody who has one.We need pics!!!!

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Congrats on your new knife. I'm waiting for mine, it enroute apparently. I got the utility HAK with extra paracord. Which one did you get?
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

What is the price on it??
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

It depends, the utility HAK I ordered is $69+shipping. It's made out of 440a stainless steel.

The nicer ones are made out of S30V steel or 6AL4V titanium & are about $150 & up.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

cockedlocked101's info is correct or was and that's what I bought. Here is its in their picture: http://hideawayknife.com/utilityhak.php .
    It came with some extra paracord, a neck chain, and the bikini sheath, which is a bit of a neat gadget in itself-designed not as a KNIFE sheath, but as a HIDEAWAY knife sheath, with features that make it very versatile for only this knife but in several ways. I'll probably order a couple of other gadgets to carry it.
    Nothing fancy, as I said. You can see that this design has straight angles and edges, no doubt less time consuming to manufacture than the curved and highly finished ones (that evidently use an even better grade of steel, not that I know the difference). I'd like to have the claw version-man, that thing looks like a wicked weapon retention tool. I really wanted something priced reasonably that would be useful in a variety of ways, and I think the Utility is it. I paid less for this than a nice Emerson folder that I seldom carried used because it was a folder (didn't think I could get it out fast enough), was too big to carry in a pocket comfortably, or because the single bevel edge was not worth a darn for anything other than being a "fighting knife."

I have had a utility HAK for a while. The blade is short but when I am "wearing" it I can easily see how I could do more damage with this little knife over my Spyderco Delicia. I need to get a clip for it because I don't like the jeans rivits I have. The grip is ultra secure and I might end up carrying it as a last ditch weapon when I gradute from the police academy.
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

"Told ya' so!"

Dont leave home widdout it.

Dan

Yeah, Rob, I think it was you and 75scout that put me on the trail. Think I'll sell the Lagriffe....
    What Would Gumby Do?

What he said...

I just got mine today. I had it shipped to the PD, because an adult has to sign for it & I wasn't sure I'd be home. I got the utility model & I couldn't be happier. I'll probably keep it as a neck knife for the time being, as I usually carry 2 other knives on me. Time will tell me how I'll end up carrying it.

For $69, I can't complain. With extra paracord & shipping, it was just under $80, but it is a semi-custom knife.
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member

Congrats on the HAK. I love mine.

Brian

For what it's worth, I said that the utility HAK was made out of 440a stainless steel. That's what was listed on the site, on the article of the beginning of the utility knife series.

Well, upon closer examination of my knife, I noticed that it's made out of 440c. I checked out the site, & noticed that when you log on & look at what's available, it lists "440c stainless."

Oh well, so much for being alert!
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member

Congrats on getting your HAK, I received mine a couple of weeks ago. I opted for the Brock Midnight Tiger Claw which is great by the way, I did not have to wait long since they had one in my size in stock. I also did the paracord and I purchased the belt wrap to attach the sheath to your belt. Concepts is great but the knife has been popping out when wearing a vest and getting in and out of the car. I thought I lost on a trip today but luckily it was laying on the inside of my car door. My only complaint so far, I may have to take a hard look at the pocket sheath.

Does anyone have a pocket sheath for their HAK? Wondering how it works.

Good luck with yours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links