Good place for stun guns

This is a discussion on Good place for stun guns within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bought my wife a stun gun from these people, not a bad product (I bought the 100k one) Pretty sturdy and smallish. She carries it ...

Thread: Good place for stun guns

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar

Good place for stun guns

Bought my wife a stun gun from these people, not a bad product (I bought the 100k one) Pretty sturdy and smallish.
    She carries it with her always and I have shocked myself with it to make sure it worked well (I aint all that edumacated really)

Anyway here is the link http://www.surpluscomputers.com/stor...oryBody&c=CSPE
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

2. Remove Ads

good place for stun guns? in the trash can...
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    good place for stun guns? in the trash can...
    Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I've Seen Them Work...

and probably a good thing for LEO instead of maximum force, but I'm no cop.

However, for my own reasons, I feel that if the situation ever evolves to something that close, I'm going to use 'MAXIMUM' force or no force at all.

If "Stop!" doesn't work, then I will stop you...
    If you demand my wallet or my car, you will not be 'stunned', but you may be shocked as to what happens next...

I'm getting too old for all the crap going on in stores and parking lots these days. I want to go my own way...I want to make it home to my wife...I want to continue living...I hope Mr. Kimber helps me to keep it that way!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Forget the stun guns -- I just bought a 4GB "FLASH DRIVE" from that place for $37 and no cost for shipping!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Forget the stun guns -- I just bought a 4GB "FLASH DRIVE" from that place for $37 and no cost for shipping!
    yeah...they sell it all.

About the stun guns, I bought one for my wife because she works in a Boys and Girls club and they do not allow firearms on the premisis. Are they and ideal weapon no not really, but they are better than nothing. The important thing about them is that they are good for a surprise jolt and then running away, any attempt at anything more would be stupid.

But yet they do have their place.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    bout the stun guns, I bought one for my wife because she works in a Boys and Girls club and they do not allow firearms on the premisis. Are they and ideal weapon no not really, but they are better than nothing. The important thing about them is that they are good for a surprise jolt and then running away, any attempt at anything more would be stupid.

But yet they do have their place.
    I disagree...

If you want something for a quick "stun 'n' run" your best bet would be OC.
    The drawbacks to using a stungun are that you have to be close enough to actually make contact (and if you're that close you might as well use a knife or impact weapon). Also, while they inflict pain, they don't incapacitate the attacker. As soon as you quit zapping him, he's fine (I've been zapped a few times with a 250k model to try it out).
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    I disagree...

If you want something for a quick "stun 'n' run" your best bet would be OC.
    The drawbacks to using a stungun are that you have to be close enough to actually make contact (and if you're that close you might as well use a knife or impact weapon). Also, while they inflict pain, they don't incapacitate the attacker. As soon as you quit zapping him, he's fine (I've been zapped a few times with a 250k model to try it out).
    I have to disagree with your disagreement (sort of). Plain stun gun, probably better to keep your distace in the first place (if you can). Some company is making a civilian model taser that you fire, drop, and it continues delivering for 30 seconds. Thats pretty good running away time. Of course, electrical devices are illegal in MI.

OC is also better than nothing, but its still a crap shoot. My brother is immune until the stuff has soaked in for a couple minutes. I've heard from cop friends of people that it didn't bother at all. Not to mention that you have to be very concious of the wind (hard to think of that kind of crap when your A-- is on the line.

I think both are better than waiting for someone else to save you though.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Oh, don't get me wrong...I'm not a card-carrying member of the OC fan club. I know it doesnt' work on everyone. Also, as you said, you have to be aware of wind, etc. One instructor that I trained under referred to OC as an area-weapon: "when you spray the stuff, everyone in the area is getting a taste."

However, having been both stun-gunned and sprayed with OC (loads of fun lemme tell ya), I definately feel that OC is a better choice in this type of situation.

Matt K.

Well I have made sure she carries both one in each pocket. I have been sprayed with pepper spray in the past and was not particularly bothered by it. So therefore do not beleive it to be a great solo option. The stun gun is indeed a close range weapon but it goes through most types of clothing and is unaffected by weather and wind issues. However such limited range leaves chances to have weapon taken and used against you. Therefore soon tucked inside her car will be the best self defence weapon I could give her a shiny .357 revolver loaded with 4 38 specials and 1 357 mag. She may not be able to bring it inside, but nothing says it can't stay in the car.

All the non lethal weapons have one shortfall in particular. They are designed to not kill, period. So they have to make them non lethal for the average person, when at times you have to deal with the non-average person. People can build tolerances to OC spray and even stun gun shocks but hard to build a tolerance to injections of hot lead given by the fine doctors of Glock, Smith and Wesson, Springfield and countless others.

I'm a big guy, not enormous (5'9 95kg) but those things dont do anything to me and never have

When one was snuck into Australia by a mate and we had a play with it a couple of years back, it was little more than a laugh.

OC on the other hand... that wasn't a fun experience.
    PAX IN BELLO

Links