Ranger Knives' Shank and Shiv

This is a discussion on Ranger Knives' Shank and Shiv within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The website is http://www.rangerknives.com . Apparently these are hard-use self defense knives, but does anyone have any experience with them? Would you recommend them for ...

The website is http://www.rangerknives.com. Apparently these are hard-use self defense knives, but does anyone have any experience with them? Would you recommend them for SD? As the title says, I am specifically looking at the Shank or the Shiv. Also, I wonder about company reliability since they mentioned they make their knives so the rangers can throw them.. I don't believe knife throwing is exactly in the training to become a ranger, is it?

And honestly... they look rougher than most knives. Are they worth the price they are asking?
    A man without a blackthorn stick is a man without an expedient. - Irish Proverb

Why so SERIOUS?

they are great hard use knives. Ive been breaking holes in things with a ranger knives renigade hawk for 2 years now, with no problems. I can't seem to kill mine, no matter how hard I try, so I figure the knives shouldnt be a problem.

Justin, who owns it, is a real life army ranger, and has tested his designs with operators in Iraq too.

I encourage you to try his stuff...Its made for users, not collectors.

my friend phil elmore has reviews of some of the ranger stuff in the archives of www.themartialist.com

I wrote a ranger tomahawk review for the martialist that was recently posted there.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Oh my....Why do you people feel the need to always post good links? Darn you! I'm really feeling that RAK....
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

the renigade hawk is old school, like you would see in last of the mohicans or the patriot, but its very strong and came to me sharper than I ever thought one might get a semi custom tomahawk.

I lent it to some cops who used it as a breaching tool, even though it wasnt designed to be that.

They were able to pop padlock hasps and even chop through plaster walls too.

Its a heck of a tool. I just wish Justin would make one with a longer handle.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Links