HideAway Knives

This is a discussion on HideAway Knives within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need help I have been trying to order a knife from these folks for sometime now. I have e-mailed them a least 5 times,{and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HideAway Knives

HideAway Knives

I need help
    I have been trying to order a knife from these folks for sometime now.
    I have e-mailed them a least 5 times,{and no reply} because my shopping cart had items in it I did not want, and I could not remove them.
    Now I have created a new e-mail address so I could start over. Now I cannot get the ordered items into the check out area. They just disapear. The only thing that shows up is the extra sheath I ordered.
    This has to be one of the worst designed web pages I ever saw.

2. Remove Ads

I had to "fight" with the web site too, sorry. It was worth it, if you can get through it. I sent a couple of E-mails during my early attempt and one after I got the knife. No reply, but at least I got the knife. I think someone else mentioned that their knife was stuck in the "shipping" dot on the progress screen.
    The knife design definitely beats their web design.
    What Would Gumby Do?

not sure which knife your looking at but if it dont work out try www.jaxknives.com They have a good website and are a charm to do business with.
    Gun Control: What a long strange trip it's been

Administrator
    If you want one of those & have not been able to order it then perhaps your guardian angel is watching over your wallet.

Not to rain on your parade or anything but, why do you even want one?

Don't get me wrong - if you just want one for the "Cool Factor" then by all means - Go For It but, they are worse than less than useless in my humble opinion - in addition to being an ergonomically idiotic gimmick.
    I think that is probably the single worst knife design that has ever been dreamed up since steel was first invented.

For as much usable blade they feature buy a box cutter and save yourself 170.00 and you can just put a brand new blade in instead of sharpening that little thing.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

HideAway Knives

I thought that the $69 version would be nice for gutting fish.
    It won't slip out of my hand.

Couple of things: HAK is a one-woman show, & her full-time job is in IT, a lot of it overseas. They are semi- and full-custom offerings on a part-time basis. If you buy custom knives, you'll know snags are part of the business, but it is worth it.

The HAK is the J-frame of knives. Arguably, no one needs a J-frame, in an age when 10 shot micro-compacts are as reliable and powerful as the old stand-by. But. The "J" is still what many armed folks find as their EDC.

I have a pair. They work as advertised. If you're having trouble, check in over at http://www.badlandsforums.com/forums/index.php
    , on the HAK board. Couple of the folks there can help you.
    Last edited by Rob72; April 9th, 2007 at 01:14 PM.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I'm surprised you're having trouble getting a response from her. I had to email her a few times, also because I ordered another knife (On accident). I believe she always responded within 48 hrs & was very helpful.

I admit, though, that I ordered the utility model which I believe is quicker. I also ordered from the list of knives that she had available that would fit me. I imagine it's quicker that way.

I don't think the knife's useless at all, although I believe it's a "specialty" knife. It's very usefull if you're in LE.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I had similar problems. Website leaves a lot to be desired. After a LONG period of non-responsiveness, I finally got my knife. It is a nice piece. PM me if you want more details.
    Last edited by sass20485; April 10th, 2007 at 01:08 PM.

i had zero problems getting my knife; again, it was the utility model. i wehn i got it, i emailed her to let her know how much i loved it. i wrote her again to tell her it actually proved its worth to me a few months later, when some guy tried to rob me in a parking lot (this was before i had my CCP). she actually called me to find out what happened, was i in any legal trouble, etc. we chatted for a bit, and i spoke to her again some weeks later. she's a really nice person who actually cares about her product and the people who by them. just drop her an email; i'm sure she'll respond as quickly as she can.

It's worth the wait, and is a very smart design.

I have one and wear it almost every day, the design is much better than a normal folder, you will not lose this in a fight.

It's something that you will use "close and personal", where slick blood will possibly make you drop a normal folder as you try to stab.

It's a last ditch option, but I'm not going down without a fight!

It is a specialty blade that fits a specific defense role. The only problem I have with the design is the need to index into the finger holes. If you have plenty of time to deploy your knife prior to a fight for your life, no problem. Under stress you probably aren't going to get both fingers where you want them.
    Still, itís a smart design with many positive attributes.
    Shay Van Vlymen - Instructor Tactical Response

pmt
    I ordered one in October of 2005. It's been stuck on the the 'Received from Artist' display forever. No reply to my e-mails.
    USP9 CUSTOM SPORT (X2)
    HK34FTCB
    P7PSP
    Left handed compliment:
    "...if one is going to carry an underpowered pistol he should carry the neatest and handiest one available, and that is the Heckler & Koch P7."- Col. Jeff Cooper

HideAway Knives

Up Date
    My order has been placed on the order accepeted list. From 4 weeks ago. Thats as far as it has gone.

For $20 you could get a CRKT Ringer, and save all the waiting.

http://www.agrussell.com/knives/new_..._ringer_1.html

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I bought a utility HAK, & I do like it. However, I agree with you, .02. CRKT's Ringer is only $20, maybe not as good, but close to the HAK. I didn't have to wait very long for mine (About 3 weeks), but it cost me $80 (That includes shipping & a bunch of paracord).

I'd kind of understand waiting, if it's for one of the "nice" HAKs. They are a semi-custom knife made by one of several top knife makers. That should be worth the wait, but then I'd be afraid of using the knife.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links