Opinions on the Leek needed

This is a discussion on Opinions on the Leek needed within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have owned a Leek for several years, and it is in my pocket everywhere I go. I don't use a knife very often, so ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on the Leek needed

I have owned a Leek for several years, and it is in my pocket everywhere I go. I don't use a knife very often, so I don't need to sharpen it frequently; the steel is good enough for my needs (usually food preparation, or opening packages).

This is a very slim knife, and there is no guard to keep fingers from slipping off of the grip onto the blade; I would not recommend this as a self defense knife for thrusting. The knife opens with one hand very quickly and easily; I always carry with the safety slide lock engaged, so that does slow the opening a bit. This knife opens so easily that I wouldn't want to carry with the safety off; it could open in the pocket of my pants.

If you want a tactical knife, by something else. If you want a good utility knife that is sleek and opens fast, the Leek is a good choice.

2. Remove Ads

Mo
    I've had my Leek for about a year, and it broke on me about a month ago. The spring disengaged or something, and now it works as a standard folder but no assisted opening. I know they'll probably fix it if I send it in, but I just haven't taken the time to mail it off. I like the knife, and will probably buy a Blur in the near future.

I Have Two...

Kershaw, Ken Onion Leek, Assisted Opener's...great knife...

You can't go wrong at that price...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Some of the Leek's are liner-locks & others are frame-locks.......

I carry two, one of each kind of lock. One is in my front left pants pocket, the other in a vest pocket. These are my utility knives, by utility I mean cutting strings, box or opening mail. They are also available as a backup for a primary knife that I also carry.

The one on top is the frame lock, slightly thinner than the bottom one. Bottom is the liner-lock, it has anodized handles on top of the frame.

My wife also carries one that she found in the Las Vegas airport. Good knife & $30 price is good too....
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links