Opinions on the Leek needed - Page 2

Opinions on the Leek needed

This is a discussion on Opinions on the Leek needed within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have owned a Leek for several years, and it is in my pocket everywhere I go. I don't use a knife very often, so ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on the Leek needed

I have owned a Leek for several years, and it is in my pocket everywhere I go. I don't use a knife very often, so I don't need to sharpen it frequently; the steel is good enough for my needs (usually food preparation, or opening packages).

This is a very slim knife, and there is no guard to keep fingers from slipping off of the grip onto the blade; I would not recommend this as a self defense knife for thrusting. The knife opens with one hand very quickly and easily; I always carry with the safety slide lock engaged, so that does slow the opening a bit. This knife opens so easily that I wouldn't want to carry with the safety off; it could open in the pocket of my pants.

If you want a tactical knife, by something else. If you want a good utility knife that is sleek and opens fast, the Leek is a good choice.

Mo
    I've had my Leek for about a year, and it broke on me about a month ago. The spring disengaged or something, and now it works as a standard folder but no assisted opening. I know they'll probably fix it if I send it in, but I just haven't taken the time to mail it off. I like the knife, and will probably buy a Blur in the near future.

Senior Moderator

I Have Two...

Kershaw, Ken Onion Leek, Assisted Opener's...great knife...

You can't go wrong at that price...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Some of the Leek's are liner-locks & others are frame-locks.......

I carry two, one of each kind of lock. One is in my front left pants pocket, the other in a vest pocket. These are my utility knives, by utility I mean cutting strings, box or opening mail. They are also available as a backup for a primary knife that I also carry.

The one on top is the frame lock, slightly thinner than the bottom one. Bottom is the liner-lock, it has anodized handles on top of the frame.

My wife also carries one that she found in the Las Vegas airport. Good knife & $30 price is good too....
    Attached Images
    A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness is based on the character of the user -T Roosevelt

If you carry a gun, some will call you paranoid. If I carry, what do I have to be paranoid about? -C Smith

An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it. -J Cooper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links