Gerber popularity? - Page 2

Gerber popularity?

This is a discussion on Gerber popularity? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Gerber FAST DRAW that I picked up at Wal-Mart about a year ago for about $50 including tax. The clip is mounted ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gerber popularity?

I have a Gerber FAST DRAW that I picked up at Wal-Mart about a year ago for about $50 including tax.
    The clip is mounted on the but end which I greatly prefer for right pocket carry - that, along with the assisted opening feature are the main reasons I got it.
    It has a partially serrated blade. I would have preferred a smooth blade but that's all they carried - it's not a big deal to me.
    I really like the assisted opening feature - it opens fast and as smooth as silk. By federal law and in my state (VA) it's not considered a switchblade.
    The cross bolt safety lock is very strong and secure.
    It seems to be very sturdy over-all and most importantly the hinge seems strong.
    The blade is well sharpened and labeled as "surgical stainless" (no actual type is given).
    There is nothing on the knife that says where it was made, but the box says "Made in USA of USA and imported components". So who knows where each part including the blade was made.
    I carry it as a defensive tool only. It's the knife I trust for this purpose. I hope I never have to find out if my choice was a good one.

I carry a Gerber Gator Serrated Blade, and a Gerber Multi-tool. I've been carry this combo for the majority of my career, and I'm happy with it!

My Gerber is stamped Portland, Oregan, not China!

I have an old BMF without the serrations on the back of the blade. I bought it back in the 80s for $99.
    "Use enough gun." - Robert Ruark

I just replaced my USA EZ Out withg a Gerber Fast. The fast feels even better to carry all day and I think I paid about $40.00. I will continue to consider Gerber as I look for future knives.

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    My little Paraframe straight edge rides with me daily, I'll tell ya chinese or not, it's a good knife that holds an edge well. Once you grind the factory edge down to a better angle it's a real scalpel too.

I still sell a lot of Gerber folders; mostly 'round Christmas time~!

Quote Originally Posted by blueyedevil View Post
    My little Paraframe straight edge rides with me daily, I'll tell ya chinese or not, it's a good knife that holds an edge well. Once you grind the factory edge down to a better angle it's a real scalpel too.
    Here here.

Mine has no stamp on any part of the knife except the logo near the base of the blade, but blueyedevil is certainly right. My Paraframes are somethin' else for sharpness; only non-kitchen knife we have that is sharper is my Ka-Bar folder, but it also is rarely pulled out of the sheath, much less used.

-B

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links