I need advice-Cold Steel Safe Keeper

This is a discussion on I need advice-Cold Steel Safe Keeper within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I purchased a Cold Steel Safe Keeper III about a month ago and love the knife. My problem lies with the sheath that came in ...

Thread: I need advice-Cold Steel Safe Keeper

I need advice-Cold Steel Safe Keeper

I purchased a Cold Steel Safe Keeper III about a month ago and love the knife. My problem lies with the sheath that came in the package. It is obviously intended to be used with the Safe Keeper but holds the knife so loosely it can just slide out. Does anyone have any advice on how to attach a clasp or snap to the sheath so it can be carried more safely and discreatly? Has anyone else had this problem, or did I just buy a defective product?

2. Remove Ads

Enjoy your knife. However I cannot stand Lynn Thompson the owner of Cold Steel Knives. He's so distressed over Mick Striders success that his only viable option is to make his website a full page personal attack on Mick Striders past transgressions. This is simply akin to crying like a little baby and if Mick is smart he will have the majority of Cold Steels assets after a civil suit for slander. Not to mention that Lynn Thompson has chosen a rather poor tactic in business relationships.

Right now you can find Cold Steel Knives in the PX's in Iraq. Not surprisingly none of the soldiers want these knives or are willing to carry them as a reliable tool in Iraq or Afghan. Personally he makes nothing that I would trust in theater of war either. When ever the PX has something for sale in the knife counter you can usually bet that it's the lowest quality the government can afford.

As for your sheath, I dont have a clue. Email Lynn Thompson and let him know that the sheath is a POS and that it does give you the full security of EDC with your new knife. Let's see if he sends you anything without additional cost.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Knife threads don't have to descend into personal attacks on the makers.
    It's a knife, not a life choice.

OD*
    He's so distressed over Mick Striders success that his only viable option is to make his website a full page personal attack on Mick Striders past transgressions.
    Do you have a link for that, please?
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

Speaking of knives....

I was not ever satisfied with my sheath. I ended up having a Kydex one made by a local guy. It's tight intentionally, and when it gives up, I have him re-do it for me. Best solution I could find.

i had the safe keeper II some years back. i say 'had', because i lost it due to the POS sheath for it. however, it's the only product from from cold steel i have any complaint about. yes, lynn thompson may be a snake oil salesman, but his knives due the job they were made for. current cold steel items in my collection:

imperial katana
    frontier hawk
    norse hawk
    sjambok
    mini kukri
    the spike
    zytel handle ti-lite

i've also bought nu,erous items as gifts for family and friends, like the city stick for my aging mother, which she loves.

Links