The ''sock''!! - Page 3

The ''sock''!!

This is a discussion on The ''sock''!! within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.szaboinc.com/index1.html Check out the Perrin Wallet, about 3/4 of the way down the page. Little more "acceptable" for the average joe to be found with ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The ''sock''!!

http://www.szaboinc.com/index1.html
    Check out the Perrin Wallet, about 3/4 of the way down the page. Little more "acceptable" for the average joe to be found with than loaded gloves, ball cap, or saps. (Although I have been intrigued by www.shomertec.com 's loaded ball cap for awhile, now.....)

sm
    There is a reason we never removed the roll of half dollars from the bank bag. The bag was easy to conceal in a shirt, IWB with a cover garmet, or if one of the ladies took the deposit, if they chose to , easy to fit in a purse.

With the half dollars along one edge ( funny how that velcro dealie just appeared stitched in that bag) and the "handle" on that bag....well if they ask for it - give it to them - hard!

Or gave "distance" for running away or drawing a firearm if need....

Same dealie works with a roll of quarters in some ladies small purses or clutch bags ( whatever they call them things when wearing a little black dress).

I mean one never knows when there might be parking meter, a toll...or...
    Use Enough Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    Oh wait, never mind it's just a Louisville Slugger. We're okay now.

Idiocy...
    Carry a bat in your car in CA you better be going to a ball game, it will get you overnight in jail for sure. We cannot carry a bat in our car!!!
    Yeah, I know dumb..
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Same thing in Maryland. No game...no bat! Or any other long thing like an ax handle,golf club or knife under the seat(even if it's short). A 2x4 on the side of the road is ok though. Not premeditated???? Go figure. Stay Safe!

Assistant Administrator
    David - saw you'd arrived! Welcome to CC ..

No golf club even? Geez - paranoia is rampant in MD then. Sad to say - I actually plan my driving by avoidance of MD - much as I'd like to explore. Not only must I not stop for gas with guns on board but - heck - no golf club either?

When did common sense leave the legislature? OK - don't bother to answer!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

New Member Array Silver_Mongoose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    Paracord? I have a monkey's fist knot I made wrapped around a marble, and it's attached to my keychain. I guess you could clobber people with either end.
    I've got several pretty hefty .50 cal. ball-bearings that I could convert into monkey-fists. Can you show how to tie one? I know it's probably stupid simple, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

I used to carry a pair of those old "clackers", two clear plastic balls connected by a cord, in my car. They made for a nasty weapon, and for fun I practiced with 'em like a bolo. Once during a routine traffic stop (broken tail light), the officer asked me "What's up with these?". I told him my kid got 'em at a flea market, and he then said "I haven't seen these in years...better keep 'em at home.", and threw them back into my car on the back seat. So now I keep a screw driver in the glove box

Franco

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Reading the above posts ref.,no bats,golf clubs,heavy swingable objects,etc.,etc.,makes you understand why the slimeballs are so eager to attack us. They understand that most citizens are of the law abideing type and they wont have anything in their vechicle to protect themselves with (except a cell phone). I guess that our politicians can't seem to figure this out. ---SAD!!! Hey!! Just had a thought. Should have saved one of them old, big,heavy, cell phones and put it in a sock,dialed 911 then started whackin' the BG with it and the dispatcher could hear the screaming and cussin' and the LEO's might have gotten there inside if 20 minutes. OR NOT???

VIP Member
    I've got several pretty hefty .50 cal. ball-bearings that I could convert into monkey-fists. Can you show how to tie one? I know it's probably stupid simple, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.
    Here is a how-to guide on making the monkey fist knot. It's pretty easy; you'll just need a lot of cord.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Next they'll be outlawing the good ol' tire iron in your vehicle!

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

Assistant Administrator
    Great link Betty - thx.
    Chris - P95

Try the wallet/coin trick,but,use a cloth(weave) wallet from South America & fill only 1 end with quarters. You can stow it flat in your back or front pocket. When you want to use it you can flip it open for a 1st strike & keep on wailing. The neat thing about the cloth wallet is you can compress the empty end as you grip it and it acts like a handle. Put some personal info in the business end so you have a reason to be carrying it. A school teacher(female) was arrested last year for having a bookmark with 4 quarters in one end on a domestic flight here in the States. Next they will be banning any change carrying objects. Stay Safe.

Assistant Administrator
    David - don't think I have had the chance to say Hi and welcome
    A school teacher(female) was arrested last year for having a bookmark with 4 quarters in one end on a domestic flight here in the States.
    WHAT?? Like four quarters are gonna give anyone a headache, let along damage them - geez, things really are outa control!

The cloth wallet sounds useful - can see that being a sneaky option!
    Chris - P95

Like Rob72, I'll recommend the Fred Perrin's Self Defense Wallet as a convenient and low profile item to carry.
    By experience, I can tell you that you'll be able to cross international borders with it, without problems and that you'll be able to carry it while being in airplanes, too.

Cheers,

Serge.

P.S : I am a big fan of BJ or Saps and carry daily Bucheimers, Boston Leather or custom made ones.
    Attached Images
    Take care ...
    Serge.
    <><><><><><><>
    What doesn't kill you
    Just makes you stronger

The ones I carry the most :

* Boston Leather Midget 2 ply

* Boston Leather Denver 4 ply

Cheers,

Serge.
    Attached Images