The ''sock''!! - Page 4

The ''sock''!!

This is a discussion on The ''sock''!! within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by George Hill Of course you could always just go to a thift store, buy an old bat, glove and a ball... and ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The ''sock''!!

Quote Originally Posted by George Hill
    Of course you could always just go to a thift store, buy an old bat, glove and a ball... and keep them in your ride. The glove and ball for reason, the bat in case someone gets frisky.
    +1

Wood or Aluminium?
    "EVERYONE is operating with only partial information" :hand27:
    Some Wise Guy, USA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by MechE
    +1

Wood or Aluminium?
    That depends. If you have a softball, aluminum. If you have a baseball, it could be either, but I prefer the good ol' wooden Louisville Slugger.

Franco
    May the Schwartz be with you

P95Carry...Thanks for the welcoming hello! I always enjoy your comments. You have much insight & experience to to share. Many thanks. David1

Assistant Administrator
    David - thank you - and back at you Sir!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I am an amateur photographer and frequently walk around scenic, "touristy" places (not in the Madison, Wisconsin area though) with an SLR camera on the end of a shoulder strap. In fact, I spent most of my time in NYC last weekend with said camera and strap. I do not use the strap to dangle the camera around my neck.

Use your imagination. It makes an expensive weapon, but one that NOBODY would suspect. Heavy, "prosumer" lenses are better than the cheap plastic body ones. Older, metal SLRs or the true pro models are better than the "plastic fantastic" SLR bodies (like the one I have).

I haven't had to use it yet, but it's frequently there when I can't carry "real" weapons.

Chris

Like the Bcollector I EDC the Boston Leather Denver and Midget.

Hey Bcollector where do you get your Bucheimers?

Senior Moderator
    Back in the day when I was in the Navy, it was standard procedure to include a roll of dimes carried at the back of the neck in your black tie. It served two puposes, it was a very effective weapon and it doubled as an emergency "stash" in which you could call someone to bail you out of jail. :1saufen:

Many a jarhead found out the hard way about the roll of dimes in the tie when things got exciting at the pool hall...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gregarat
    Hey Bcollector where do you get your Bucheimers?
    Antiquaria, Flea markets, internet exchanges, garage sales, eBay ... you name it.

And a lot of luck.

Cheers,

Serge.
    Take care ...
    Serge.
    <><><><><><><>
    What doesn't kill you
    Just makes you stronger

Blackjack flashbacks.............

Oh, man! All this talk 'bout Blackjacks is makin' me all misty eyed. When I was a rookie we were always being admonished by the sgt. at roll call to make sure we had our "jacks". Half of the time we'd jump out of the patrol car and leave our nightsticks stuck between the seats. But I always had my Blackjack. Back then we had narrow pockets in our uniform pants, next to the back pocket to hold them. Sometimes your butt would go numb from sitting on it . In cold weather we tucked it in the ticket book pockets of our leather jackets. We dont carry 'Jacks anymore , the dept.'s gone "PC", and we've all been issued pepper spray. I'd rather carry my Blackjack again, it was a multi- use tool. Great for knocking on doors, not just skulls. Dang, there I go ramblin' again.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my Dog"

Chris-
    Coins in a sock are very effective IF it is a good sock. Now a sandal in a white sock is supposed to be one of the most devastating weapons around, although I'm not sure why...
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Assistant Administrator
    John - go jump in the pacific!

Sandal with lead sole is good tho! - In large sock (of any color) !!

(Getting warmer soon - sandals time )
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Didn't Charles Bronson, in Death Wish, whack a guy in the melon with a sock full of change, and it split and rained coinage all over the pavement?

When-must improvise Dept.:
    Take a newspaper, roll it up into a tube, then fold the tube in half grasping both ends in one hand. Tap the middle, folded apex of the newspaper under your own chin and you'll see just how "hardasarock" it feels. Tap Joe BG upside the head or under his chin, it'll put his lights our right quick. Decent-sized magazines can work just as well. Amazing how hard "paper" can be.

Old-time beat-cop tool: Came across the neatest little thing as a teenager, still have it layin' around in the safe somewhere but can't find it right now. It was a steel pipe-tube maybe 7 or 8 inches long. Unscrewed in two halves. The front, forward half was slightly coned-out at its end, rather like the belled bull barrel on a bushingless 1911. Wrapped in hard leather ringlets like the original Marine K-Bar knife handle, except for the metal-crowned business end. The forward end was rounded off, with a small hole about .22 cal size in the end, with a cross-pin through that opening. The purpose of the cross-pin, I guess, was to make it more difficult to convert it to a projectile launcher. Once unscrewed, the hollow end accepted a primer-ignited tear gas cartridge, which you'd insert, then screw the end back onto the handle. The handle end had a knurled knob on the rearmost end; if you pulled and released that knob. it cocked and locked an internal striker firing pin. The trigger for the tear gas cartridge's firing pin was on the side of the handle, a raised metal contraption similar to a flashlight slider-switch, forward for off-safe, rearward for on-safe. The trigger button was recessed into a portion of the slider switch, designed so as to minimize chances of accidental depression.

So this thing essentially amounted to a wicked little billy-sap head-k****er baton plus a tear gas dispenser that would project either aerosol or streamed tear gas forcefully out in a tightly-directed cone pattern outa the hole in the business end.

I think they fell into disfavor because with only a few simple mods it could be easily transformed into a really nasty close-quarters one-shot .410-guage shotshell launcher. for serious social encounters, LOL. albeit a highly illegal Class III mod. Scary. A pretty neat little nostalgic LEO implement of yesteryear . . . can't remember for sure, think it was manufactured by some company in Chicago.
    Last edited by RTC1911; March 21st, 2007 at 07:12 PM.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Anybody ever used SAP GLOVES? Talk about dropping a perp like a brain shot buck! Sheeeeesh. You can use your fists or your open hands and just beat a guy near to the next life with very little effort.
    Ex, remind me to never get mad at you while wearing gloves
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Weeg View Post
    Didn't Charles Bronson, in Death Wish, whack a guy in the melon with a sock full of change, and it split and rained coinage all over the pavement?

The scene had Bronson testing the sock against a wooden chair, breaking the sock and scattering the coins. It's the 'breakover' scene as he decides he's had enough.
    Clint
    Kansas - The original Old West
    Open Skies - Long Vistas

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links