HAK warning - Page 3

HAK warning

This is a discussion on HAK warning within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; USN is a good place to check out if knives (amongst other such topics) are your thing. Ken Brock (who made my hideaway) is a ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HAK warning

USN is a good place to check out if knives (amongst other such topics) are your thing. Ken Brock (who made my hideaway) is a member there, as are a lot of the big name custom knife makers. Asking a question there is what led to me getting my damaged hideaway fixed. I have not had any problems logging on. The password may be case sensitive.
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

Thanks for the input, I'll probably wait and see what happens. I'd like to have one if they can get it turned around.

As far as the USN forums, I can't seem to get logged in at all. I've been through all the automated stuff, but I'm still locked out. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having trouble getting logged in. I'm cutting and pasting the password, so the problem shouldn't be case.

I hope they get my access figured out soon, it sounds like a good place to learn.

Holdcard

**UPDATE**

Although I am trying to be supportive of HAK I am getting discouraged. William contacted me and is trying to make things right (see my last post on this subject). The problem I am having a hard time being understanding and patient. William sent me a free trainer wrapped in red 550 cord to clear the 550 cord wrapping off the books. The midnight Straight though is finding its way to Afghanistan (I left there in March) which I had Emailed HAK upon my return and my move to a new address after I got home. I also Emailed William my address when he told me my order would be shipped.

Disheartening as it is I am willing to him have more time to fix a broken system. I will keep you advised.

My point is this if you are moving or deploying/returning from a deployment and your address is changing from that address you had while makeing the order BEWARE and be patient. If you are in the same place you have been for a long time then I doubt you have any issues.

Matt

Update

Just recieved an Email from William. In an honest effort to fix this latest problem he is willing to send me a Utility HAK as a temporary replacement to my Midnight Straight until it is either returned to him from Afghanistan or forwarded on to me.

He is trying and it is noticable. I do appreciate the effort.

Matt

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    I have had rather extensive dealings with FS in the past. While nobody here knows me from adam yet, believe me when I tell you all that FS is as straight up as they come. I have been out of contact with FS for some time due to unforseen events in my life. FS developed the HAK for the most honorable of causes and conducted the business with the same honor. The reason for departure from HAK is unknown to me but must be quite serious. To that end, I'm sure that "William" was chosen by FS and will do his best to carry on in the FS manner. He may just be in over his head right now as the HAK was really beginning to take off. The little blades are gems and are worth the wait. I have one from Ken Brock and one from Mick Strider. One or the other is with me every day. Consider that the wait for some of the other custom makers is into "years" rather than "months". For those with a HAK on order, hang in there. They are worth the wait.

The whole story is a complicated one that unfortunatly leaves FS looking like the bad guy in this situation. I don't think that she intentionally did anything shady with the intention of ripping people off, but the end result was that several of the people who made knives for her, like Mick Strider, Ken Brock, James Coogler, and Mickey Yurco, have come out and stated that they would no longer make knives for her or that new arrangements need to be made.

Ken Brock is back on board, as are James Coogler and Mickey Yurco.

Hideaway knives are indeed great little knives, but the situation with them is still rough. William seems to be trying very hard to bring things around, but it will take time and FS is not likely to be involved with them again.

all I can say is that I ordered 2 utility knives, followed the process outlined and received my order in the time stated about a month ago.

b3xd, what was your delivery time frame?
    What Would Gumby Do?

Well all since my last post William has not responded to my Email but he may be buisy. According to USPS my package is back in Florida and I hope to see an Email from him tomarrow or Tuesday saying that my knife has been shipped. I'll keep you informed.

pmt
    WOW!! I got an email from William today. My Knife is ready. I hope it's as good as some customs holsters - I ordered it 2 years ago.
    USP9 CUSTOM SPORT (X2)
    HK34FTCB
    P7PSP
    Left handed compliment:
    "...if one is going to carry an underpowered pistol he should carry the neatest and handiest one available, and that is the Heckler & Koch P7."- Col. Jeff Cooper

HAK Warning

After about one year, I finnally got an e-mail that my knive was ready. I ordered off of the already made list.

WOW, that was LOOOOONG wait. It took several months for mine, but that was a while ago.

i just ordered one from the available now list in late October. the web site shows it in final QC all thats left to do is ship it to me. i hope it doesn't take as long as some of you say you have waited...
    ll give it two more weeks before i send mail.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

So what website is this?

Quote Originally Posted by monky View Post
    So what website is this?
    the HAK website
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links