HAK warning - Page 4

HAK warning

This is a discussion on HAK warning within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; and that website would be?...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HAK warning

and that website would be?

heres a hint monky, hide away knives.HAK, what the thread is about.
    hmmmm go here...
    http://www.hideawayknife.com/main.php
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    i just ordered one from the available now list in late October. the web site shows it in final QC all thats left to do is ship it to me. i hope it doesn't take as long as some of you say you have waited...
    ll give it two more weeks before i send mail.
    How does the Available Now list work? Do you send them your contact info, then they send you a list of what is available? Thanks.

no, you go to the available now list after you give them your size and it shows what knives they have ready in that size that people didn't pay for or for whatever reason. i got the stone wash 440c tiger claw..all the info is on the website.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by utarch00 View Post
    How does the Available Now list work? Do you send them your contact info, then they send you a list of what is available? Thanks.
    After you figure your size, and login, it will show all availables that would fit you. From what I understand, Ken Brock is doing custom grinds, and the others are machine-ground. Most of the custom makers dissociated themselves until the new owner gets his feet on the ground and shows ability to fulfill orders.

Thanks for the info guys.

no, you go to the available now list after you give them your size and it shows what knives they have ready in that size that people didn't pay for or for whatever reason. i got the stone wash 440c tiger claw..all the info is on the website.
    I tried that about 3 months ago and haven't seen a response yet. Filled it all out, the next step is them contacting me, which I doubt is going to happen.

did you pay for a knife levi? i don't know,i hope i get some good news soon. they really need to communicate w/their customers

― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by joker581 View Post
    Sorry. The USN is the Usual Suspects Network. It's a knife forum.

http://www.usualsuspect.net/forums/

how in the world do you get into this forum?its been taking me in a circle for 2 days.
    most user unfriendly registration process ive ever seen

― Thomas Paine

how in the world do you get into this forum?its been taking me in a circle for 2 days.
    I finally gave up, I had the same issues. Others here seem to have no problem. FWIW I use Firefox, I don't know if that is the problem or not.

I've tried their password retrieval system too, seems like I'm always waiting for a moderator or something. You'd think after several months my request would have made it to the top of the que.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

All of these problems and I see over and over again folks trying to give her their hard earned money??
    NRA Member
    I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46
    www.ShootersEar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Manan View Post
    All of these problems and I see over and over again folks trying to give her their hard earned money??
    Well, I like the concept. I'm not a knife collector or anything like that, but when I saw it I really liked it. Although I don't think I've ever ordered anything "custom" before, I have gleaned enough from the forums that it'd definately a time consuming endeavor.

There was also a change in ownership, I guess I'm waiting to see how all that goes. I think most folks here were trying to give the new owner a chance to get settled and start making things right. I'm pretty sure the owner is overwhelmed, and I'm waiting to see if things level out or stay the same.

I'd love to have one, but it's not looking like it's going to happen any time soon.
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

USN is run by Eric(IIRC) Blair............

also a custom maker. It can be a PITA, but well worth the info. definite blade-snobs, but with good reason.

after sending five emails asking why my password did not work some guy named barry jones mailed me back from the usual suspects network. this is what he wrote.

dear Russell,The reason you have not been able to access the USN forum is due to your email address. The USN does not allow any new registrant to use any free email service. This is but one measure we have installed to keep our home free of troublemakers. I'm not suggesting that you are a troublemaker at all. I'm just telling you why we do what we do. We take the security of our net home very seriously. We have a reputuation for it.

We request that anyone who signs up for our forum use the email address that is given thru their Internet Service Provider. If you have an email thru them and are willing to put that in your account then I'll be more than happy to assist you in getting onto our forum.

i told him i have had the same email for 8yrs and am not going to let any service provider dictate to me what email to use.not to mention going through all the trouble of setting up a second email which i don't want anyway. i also said i belonged to a lot of fine forums that did not require this and that i would simply find a knife forum that WELCOMED new members, instead of trying to make them jump through hoops.

― Thomas Paine

i guess i got a little off topic for a while but, i sent hak an email a week ago and have not heard back yet. i hope i might get my knife by the end of the month like some of the others have said they did.

― Thomas Paine

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links