New Knife *Pic*

This is a discussion on New Knife *Pic* within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Man, Ive owned A LOT of great knives in my life(and lost most of them out in the mountains ) But I think this one ...

Thread: New Knife *Pic*

Thumbs up New Knife *Pic*

Man, Ive owned A LOT of great knives in my life(and lost most of them out in the mountains) But I think this one has all of the beat hands down.

The handle is solid Stainless Steel (Just like my Sig's!) and I have always been fan of the Tanto tactical knives. I got it for $40 last night at Dick's sporting goods.
    I cut a soda can in half, and it was just as easy as cutting paper.

Heres a pic and moer Info:
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

2. Remove Ads

It's a good looking knife, but over the last 10/15 years Gerber just hasn't been able to keep up with Benchmade or Kershaw. My last Gerber (A paraframe) wouldn't hold a edge to save MY life.

I do like the Finger Flip/Guard of that design, that's pretty cool.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    The Gerber designs are good & that is a good looking knife (I love CE tanto blades). The price is good too, but it seems Gerbers steel just isn't quite up to the standards of its competition.

440a's easy to sharpen. That's good, because you need to do so often to keep its edge.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon51 View Post
    It's a good looking knife, but over the last 10/15 years Gerber just hasn't been able to keep up with Benchmade or Kershaw. My last Gerber (A paraframe) wouldn't hold a edge to save MY life.

I do like the Finger Flip/Guard of that design, that's pretty cool.
    Yeah I like kershaws too.
    But with my track record of loosing knives when Im hiking or rock climbing, I didn't want to go with a real high dollar knife.

I don't know, I have been carrying the same little Case two blade pocket knife for what... 15 years now. Every day, every where.

And I still have my first Buck lock back knife that I got for Christmas in 1981, hell I worked construction with that knife on my hip for years.

The only knife I have ever lost, and it makes me sick to think about, was my grandfathers Ka-Bar that he had carried in combat on Guadalcanal.

Damn, I could puke just thinking about how I stuck that knife in a tree wile field dressing a deer... I spent days looking and looking all over that hill side, and couldn't even find the gut pile. I thought my dad was going to kill me when I told him I had borrowed Grandpaws old knife because I was in a hurry and couldn't lay my hands on my own hunting knife... and lost it.

To this day, I like knifes... and my dad has a nice collection of his own, (that I don't touch) but we never even mention anything on the subject of knifes, at all, ever.

VIP Member

Not always true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    Yeah I like kershaws too.
    But with my track record of loosing knives when Im hiking or rock climbing, I didn't want to go with a real high dollar knife.

I'm not sure what Kershaw you are looking at but my Leek I bought on EBay for around $40. Thats about the same as you paid for your Gerber. I'm not a knife expert but I sure do like my Kershaw Leek!!!!

I have a leek also. I like the way it functions and looks but the blade is not thick enough to stand up to the abuse I put a knife through. I much prefer the tanto design for its sheer thickness and abiltiy to resist bending or breaking.

VIP Member
    I did not know a Tanto has a thicker blade. Something I need to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hennessy View Post
    I did not know a Tanto has a thicker blade. Something I need to look into.
    Yeah, I think it has to due to the angle of the blade and the front angle blade.

VIP Member
    Sig even if a Tanto has a thicker blade, a Leek is one hell-of-a knife. Something that would not disapoint you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon51 View Post
    Damn, I could puke just thinking about how I stuck that knife in a tree wile field dressing a deer... I spent days looking and looking all over that hill side, and couldn't even find the gut pile. I thought my dad was going to kill me when I told him I had borrowed Grandpaws old knife because I was in a hurry and couldn't lay my hands on my own hunting knife... and lost it.
    I feel your pain brother, I really do.

One time I had broke down in my old truck (damn American trucks!) in the middle of Wyoming.

I didnt have enough money to get the truck fixed and drive 300 miles back to school. Plus I had Finals on Monday. So I had to get back and back soon.

I had to Pawn a Russian SKS. Now, thats not a really big deal gun, but my Uncle had bought it for me before he died when I was 15.

Makes me really upset to this day. But, I have learned not to get attached to material things as much anymore. They dont last forever, you we dont either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hennessy View Post
    Sig even if a Tanto has a thicker blade, a Leek is one hell-of-a knife. Something that would not disapoint you.
    Well, maybe after I lose this one I look into it. LOL

VIP Member
    Fare enough lol

Links