Benchmade Clip Question

Benchmade Clip Question

This is a discussion on Benchmade Clip Question within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i have a benchmade HK knife with the axis locking system. the other day, i had it clipped in my pocket and somehow it caught ...

Thread: Benchmade Clip Question

Benchmade Clip Question

i have a benchmade HK knife with the axis locking system. the other day, i had it clipped in my pocket and somehow it caught on the door jam as i got out of my car. it pulled the clip up and now it won't retain the knife in my pocket.

i tried using a pair of adjustable pliers to gently bend the clip back--but no luck.

do the screws take a special screwdriver? can i buy a new clip from benchmade?

any suggestions on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!

mcvolvo
    xd45 acp compact
    ccw
    NRA member

Lead Moderator
    Torx head screws. Take off the clip, then bend it back (gently ) in a vice. I had my benchmade clip catch a car door and pull me off my feet.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Torx head screws. Take off the clip, then bend it back (gently ) in a vice. I had my benchmade clip catch a car door and pull me off my feet.
    What he said.

BTW, how do you like you Benchmade HK (What model)? I just got a 14250S & can't believe it's considered a red box Benchmade! It made in the U.S. with the axis lock & 154 CM steel (I thought the red box B/Ms were lower end & made in China or Taiwan).
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Three links for you. The first two are links to benchmade's tool kit with the torx head screw driver, and the third is Benchmade's policy and repair procedure on clips, if you don't want to DIY.

http://www.benchmade.com/products/pr...?model=981084X

http://www.thebladeshop.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=1377

http://www.benchmade.com/about_knives/warranty.asp

CARRY-CLIP REQUESTS

If for some reason, your carry-clip gets lost or damaged, and you need a new one. Email the repair@benchmade.com Department for clip requests. Please include your name, ship-to address, and the knife model(s) so that we can better assist you.
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

I think you need to buy the benchmade kit. I have had my knife drop to the pavement twice and that was enough for my $100 dollar knife. I just took my clip off. It rides in my pocket out of sight(can be a good thing). The kit cost me $9.99 at a gun show.
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

If you call or email Benchmade I imagine they will just mail you a clip. I had them send me some new screws years ago - they just showed up in the mail. No questions asked. Then I Lock-Tited them in place. As for buying a special Torx kit from Benchmade - not neccessary. Any hardware store should have the same thing for half the price.

Austin

I am on either my third or fourth clip of my Griptillian. I got a set of torx head screwdrivers at Sears that work just fine. Take the clip off, hold the mounting end with pliers and bend it back. You can get away with this fix about a half a dozen times or so. I have the same problem with my Surefire as well.
    Pierce

"Fear is what keeps you alive but panic is what kills you" - Leo

"At contact distances, if you can't shoot him, hit him...Nothing says 'TAP' can't be accomplished by smashing the magazine into his face." - Gomez

TRAMPLE THE WEAK AND HURDLE THE DEAD

If it's like my Grip, it take a T-6 torque driver to take off the clip. Keep an eye out, many torque bit sets don't have one that small.

-john

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    If you call or email Benchmade I imagine they will just mail you a clip. I had them send me some new screws years ago - they just showed up in the mail. No questions asked. Then I Lock-Tited them in place. As for buying a special Torx kit from Benchmade - not neccessary. Any hardware store should have the same thing for half the price.

Austin
    This was EXACTLY my experience with my CQC7.

They didn't just send me some screws, they sent me THREE clips - at no charge.

thank you to all! i emailed benchmade tonight, we'll see what happens. as far as the HKs being made in china...i don't know. mine seems to be extremely well made. my best, mcvolvo
    mcvolvo
    xd45 acp compact
    ccw
    NRA member

Buy yourself a small torx screwdriver with interchangeable bits. I bought one at Lowes for around $7. Those small torx bits come in handy for working on knives, guns and other things, like cell phone cases. #6 bit seems to be the one I use the most.

As much as I love my Benchmades, the blue box tool kit isn't that great quality wise. The small torx driver in mine twisted itself into a mangled mess the first time I used it on the clip screws. Try knifekits.com or Texas knife maker's supply at http://www.texasknife.com/ if you need a torxhead set.
    Jack

Sponsored Links