Hide Away Knife- New Addition

This is a discussion on Hide Away Knife- New Addition within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I can hide a folding knife in any of my pockets even a straight knife, why buy this little box cutter when you can buy ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Hide Away Knife- New Addition

I can hide a folding knife in any of my pockets even a straight knife, why buy this little box cutter when you can buy a very high quality folding knife?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Because, again, it's a specialty knife. It's a back-up that's far quicker to deploy than a folder & far harder to disarm.

If you're buying one, just to have one, then I agree with you. It's a specialty knife that has it's place.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Any of you HAK guys ever order a sheath or anything separately from her? I ordered a sheath from her a couple of weeks ago, wondering if that type of thing takes extended amounts of time. I really am enjoying this knife, but neck carry has it's limitations. Should have ordered the sheath when they suggested!
    What Would Gumby Do?

Sorry, but it just doesn't seem as useful as a small folder, and it's just too darn expensive for what it is. The concealment idea is cool, but just not very important.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I always wondered what a HAK was, now I know. I was so impressed that I bought one in my size, that was in stock.

Very cool. Now for that Ti model with tattoo.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I don't get drunk. I don't go to bars. Do I still need a knife? Sure. I'm thinking about a Benchmade "INFIDEL" OTF automatic because they're legal in FL if you ccw. When I travel, I'll stick to my Spyderco Delica combo blade.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Got my new HAK Monday-I thought those thangs were supposed to be really sharp. Mine is kinda dull-it just rips paper instead of slicing it.

I do like the idea, but the finish leaves a little to be desired.

Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDawg View Post
    Got my new HAK Monday-I thought those thangs were supposed to be really sharp. Mine is kinda dull-it just rips paper instead of slicing it.

I do like the idea, but the finish leaves a little to be desired.

Oh well
    You didn't, by chance, get the titanium model, did you? They're dull in comparison to others. Also, I imagine it depends on who did the edge, although other than the titanium model, I've never heard of a HAK that wasn't scary sharp.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Quote Originally Posted by cockedlocked01 View Post
    You didn't, by chance, get the titanium model, did you? They're dull in comparison to others. Also, I imagine it depends on who did the edge, although other than the titanium model, I've never heard of a HAK that wasn't scary sharp.
    Couldn't afford the Ti model so the 440 Stainless.

Its kinda scary it isn't sharp...

On to the DMT stone!

Here is mine by Ken Brock. Dose it look sharp enough???

Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

Ohhhh. You must take a different size than I do, I haven't seen that profile from Ken before!

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    How can you request who does your knife from hideaway? I didn't see anything about that on their website. Sorry to be such a newb. I recently stumbled accross their webpage,and am glad to see people like them on this forum b.c I wanted more info. My only main concernis legality. I need help trying to find the VA laws on knives,I've googled and googled...

Hopefully someone will reply with the link (I don't know it offhand), but there's a site that shows the knife laws for your state. Of course, your city may have their own laws, too.

As to ordering or seeing what's available of your size, you have to log onto the site. Once you do that, you can check out what they have now &/or order what you want in your size & from the maker you want.
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Yeah I went all over the site...I'm gonna order one sooner or later. I need to ask people from Va. B/c some of the carry options are clearly in plain site,but I'm not sure about something thats not OBVIOUSLY a knife,like the broclip...

GhettoKracker71,
    USA including VA knife laws are found here, also info on where you can and can't take your stun gun.

http://pweb.netcom.com/~brlevine/sta-law.htm

updated 7/13/2005

Virginia -

18.2-308. Personal protection; carrying concealed weapons; when lawful to carry.

A. If any person carries about his person, hidden from common observation, (i) any pistol, revolver, or other weapon designed or intended to propel a missile of any kind by action of an explosion of any combustible material; (ii) any dirk, bowie knife, switchblade knife, ballistic knife, machete, razor, slingshot, spring stick, metal knucks, or blackjack; (iii) any flailing instrument consisting of two or more rigid parts connected in such a manner as to allow them to swing freely, which may be known as a nun chahka, nun chuck, nunchaku, shuriken, or fighting chain; (iv) any disc, of whatever configuration, having at least two points or pointed blades which is designed to be thrown or propelled and which may be known as a throwing star or oriental dart; or (v) any weapon of like kind as those enumerated in this subsection, he shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. A second violation of this section or a conviction under this section subsequent to any conviction under any substantially similar ordinance of any county, city, or town shall be punishable as a Class 6 felony, and a third or subsequent such violation shall be punishable as a Class 5 felony. For the purpose of this section, a weapon shall be deemed to be hidden from common observation when it is observable but is of such deceptive appearance as to disguise the weapon's true nature.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links