Emerson Collectors?

This is a discussion on Emerson Collectors? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any emerson collectors here? So far i have the cqc-7 and the karambit. I carry the karambit on duty and wouldnt trust any other knife. ...

Thread: Emerson Collectors?

Emerson Collectors?

Any emerson collectors here? So far i have the cqc-7 and the karambit. I carry the karambit on duty and wouldnt trust any other knife. Lets hear what you guys got.

2. Remove Ads

If I had more money, I'd be an Emerson collector. All I've got at the moment is my Commander, but I've got some plans for a P-SARK, La Griffe, CQC_8 and a CQC-15.

VIP Member
    More of an Emerson user than collector. The ones I have are for carry & use.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I call myself a collector but im a user to, ive used both knives I have every day since i got them.

i'm not a collector but i have a raven, cqc7, specwar, and socfk.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Don't consider having and carrying one for almost half my career as being a collector. Love his stuff and looks like I'll get to see him again this year at the knife show here in Dallas.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Hmm, I wouldn't consider myself a collector of Emersons, either. I did however recently buy a mini-CQC7 just for the heck of it (& because it was for a VERY good price). I've used a full size CQC7 for the past 9 years (I have a '99 Emerson).

I would like to get a Commander, & maybe a another model or 2.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I've got the CQC-7, the Commander and the Karambit. I too carry the Karambit daily. It is a ******* knife.

I have one of the old Benchmade Emerson model CQC-7 and Emerson's CQC-13 Bowie. The 13 is a teriffic all round knife with a wicked tip on it. I would have more if they werent so pricey.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Quote Originally Posted by kylebce View Post
    I have one of the old Benchmade Emerson model CQC-7 and Emerson's CQC-13 Bowie. The 13 is a teriffic all round knife with a wicked tip on it. I would have more if they werent so pricey.

id love to have emerson benchmade. the thirtenn is very nice been thinking about getting lone myself.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    +1 me 2

Hop on over to Usual Suspect and register. They have a great Emerson Forum called Suspect Sanctum.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

VIP Member
    The only Emerson I have is a Mini-Commander. Very nice.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Like Betty, I am limited to only one, I have an OD green handled Raven with a satin blade. I wished it was the Black T blade but for $50 off retail, I couldn't beat the price.

Great knife!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I might be a collector -- I've got one of the large size socfk in my gunsafe. The guy who has Extreme Outfitters is a good sales guy.

But, I have a commander that is beat to pieces and still going, a benchmade cqc7 that I finally retired (great knife) and a La Griffe from Emerson that I got to see for about 10 minutes before my wife decided that was "her" knife.
    I like Emersons and Ernie is a really nice person. I've met him twice at shows where I know he must have been tired of all of us asking him questions - but he was incredibly nice. I'm not sure I'd shake hands with him again, though. He has a grip like a vise.

Links