New policy at the office.

This is a discussion on New policy at the office. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Why don't you shake it up a bit and get some "office equipment" that will work in a self defense situation. Examples: 1.Heavy ass antique ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New policy at the office.

Shake it up

Why don't you shake it up a bit and get some "office equipment" that will work in a self defense situation. Examples:

1.Heavy ass antique stapler
    2.Brass paperweight molded to your fist size
    3.Cane collection
    4. Lead bottom trash can
    etc.........

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Everyone knows that a 3" knife blade can't possibly cut an artery, or reach to heart muscle on a thrust.

The people who make these policies are the higher-ups (or highest ups) at the company -- and it makes you wonder how they can be so friggin' stupid and still get there to the top.

They're either total morons, or they're totally disingenuous about the purpose and possible effectiveness of such a policy to keep anyone safe. Either way, they are despicable.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by citizen510 View Post
    And, what they don't know could save their lives one day.

Wouldn't it just suck hard if the guy you had to save one day was the guy who had passed the policy that you were supposed to be unarmed?

And wouldn't it just suck even harder if he then fired you after you saved his *****, for violating the company policy?

And I usually keep a recorder in my pocket that can do up to 10 hours...comes in real handy in meetings.
    I'd like to get one. What kind is yours, and is it good, cheap, and is it digital or a tape machine?

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I'd like to get one. What kind is yours, and is it good, cheap, and is it digital or a tape machine?
    http://www.officedepot.com/textSearc...gital_recorder

Mine is about 3 years old, cost about 3x what this one cost and only records about .03 as long as this model.
    It is not the Bill of Privileges. It is not the Bill of Permits. It is the Bill of Rights.

People should not be afraid of the government; the government should be afraid of the people.

Here's what I do

I work in technology and am around plenty of un-manly, whining, pasty Joyce Foundation types. And, every place I have worked have rules about knives.

I have a Benchmade NRA Gaucho (3.4 inch blade) clipped on my pocket. It's "Kitchen Cutlery". I use it to cut my food while I'm eating lunch (usually at my desk). Our Kitchen has plenty of giant knives, serrated and big ... when asked about my knife I say I wash it with the dishes every night and it's used for eating food (all of which is true). Even the most schill alarmist has not made an issue about it.

So - you do not have a pocket knife. You have 'Kitchen Cutlery'. Keep it out of sight and nobody will be the wiser for it. They gonna fire you for having a knife where nobody can see it? I bet there are women here with Jennings or Lorcins in their purse but hey - that's private, isn't it?

Same deal ...

I'm sorry.... All I could think of is....

HOLY CRAP HE WORKS WITH REAL LIVE MALL NINJAS... DO THEY CARRY MP5's??

Sorry just what popped in my head. The only thing that would make me follow all of the rules to the letter is that its a government facility. In my increadably limited experiance, ignoring signs on private grounds and gov realestate are 2 very differant things with very differant consequenses.
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Oh, I was going to go to work - cut and stab everyone but - oops, I can't now cause it's against company policy to have the knife I was going to use - had too long a blade. I'll have to think of something else now....
    For God, Family and Country!

Get a couple of Boker Sub Comms and carry them, or a Spyderco Scorpius.

If you cant carry more than a 3 inch knife, then carry two sub 3 inch ones. I like both those short blades I just mentioned. They are both easily drawn and opened.

There is also an Emerson folder made for these sorts of situations too.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Quote Originally Posted by FknRa View Post
    I'm sorry.... All I could think of is....

HOLY CRAP HE WORKS WITH REAL LIVE MALL NINJAS... DO THEY CARRY MP5's??

Sorry just what popped in my head. The only thing that would make me follow all of the rules to the letter is that its a government facility. In my incredibly limited experiance, ignoring signs on private grounds and gov realestate are 2 very differant things with very differant consequenses.
    The building is private, but some of the employees are government, most are contractors. Goverment Security Clearance is required. And I do enter Goverment Facilities on a almost daily basis, which, BTW... I have carried a 4 inch Gerber through the metal detector... well put it in the little basket, gave the basket to the guard... got the basket back, put the knife back in my pocket. No one raised an eyebrow... I've carries a 4 inch knife for the last 7 years in this environment. Only had one co-worker say anything about it (As I was poking the blade into the coin slot of the Coke machine to free a stuck coin)... and he was a new guy that had just assumed you couldn't bring a knife into the place.

As far as what they carry, lets just say it's what you would expect a Blackwater type outfit to carry...

Benchmade Monochrome -- 3" blade exactly (I just checked)
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links